Which is the best GPS navigator with the largest screen? There are many GPS navigators, but only 2 companies dominate the market. They are TomTom and Garmin. When it comes to buying a GPS unit, screen size and processing speed matters, for some unknown reasons the processor speed is not revealed by the manufacturer.
I find my GPS slow and sluggish. I do know for a fact that the new iPad comes with dual A5X processor that are fast, if the GPS receiver is as good or equivalent to that of a purposed build GPS, it is better to buy an iPad instead. As for Android Smartphone, it is somewhat slow, probably due to the weak GPS receiver.
|TomTom GO LIVE 1005||2 Hours||5.0"||480 x 272 pixels||266 g|
|TomTom Via LIVE||2 Hours||4.3"||480 x 272 pixels||183 g|
|Garmin nüvi 3590LMT||4 hours||5"||800 x 480 pixels||203 g|
|Garmin nüvi 30||2 hours||3.5"||320 x 240 pixels||118.8 g|
|Garmin nüvi 3450||4 hours||4.3"||800 x 480 pixels||183 g|
|Garmin nüvi 2455LT||2.5 hours||4.3"||480 x 272 pixels||142 g|
|Garmin StreetPilot® 7200||no battery||7"||480 x 234 pixels||635 g|
|Sony NV-U83T||2 hours||4.8"||480 x 272 Pixels||250 g|
If you need something bigger, say a screen size as big as an iPad, just buy an iPad and use it as your GPS. Due to the fact that the build in GPS receiver is weaker than the average purposed build GPS navigator, you will need a Bluetooth GPS Receiver to boost the signal received. As shown in the video below:
Remember, processing speed is important. Just to be safe, go for the most expensive unit if money is not an issue.
GPS Navigator for Android And iPhone
Garmin GPS is the best; StreetPilot (http://www8.garmin.com/apps/) is now available for Windows Phone 8, Android and iPhone iOS.
FREE GPS with Live Police Road Block Reports and Accident Updates!
Waze (www.waze.com) is a free social mobile app that enables drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation for an optimal commute. 100% powered by users the more you drive the better it gets. Join the community of drivers in your area today!
- Community generated real-time traffic and road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, and more.
- Complete voice-guided navigation.
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change.
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes.
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route.
- Redeem Wazer-only gas specials at participating gas stations. (Currently in the US only)
- Meet-up! Share your location/destination and ETA to easily meet up with friends.
- Join or create groups to share info about your commute.
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info.
- Live maps, constantly updated by Waze community map editors.
- Android widget displays the current ETA and starts quick navigation to home and work
As shown in the screen shot above, you get live report of police roadblocks and accident updates. Avoid them for a faster journey. Waze is available for iOS 6 and Android smartphone.