How to record a phone call conversation? First you’ll need a mobile phone powered by Symbian S60v5 or an iPhone, from what I heard, this feature is available in some SonyEricsson mobilephone. As for BlackBerry user, recording a phone conversation is not available, it seems that BlackBerry has a policy against this, you’ll need to get a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
Nokia 5800 + Total Recall
Currently I am using Total Recall, based on all the other mobile application I tried, this is the best mobile phone Call Recorder for Nokia 5800. Here are the reasons:
- No beep, this is a really important feature, you don’t want the other person to know you’re recording the conversation.
- Automatically records all conversation, unlike others where I have to press the ‘0’ for recording during a conversation, imaging that on a touchscreen.
- The user interface is simple and easy to understand
- Filter options based on incoming, outgoing, mobile numbers and so on are amazing.
And here are some of the features I really like compared with its competitors:
- FREE Updates for the Life of your device!
- Password Protection
- Autostart/auto recording – No need to press some button for recording
This application is not free; I can’t find other alternative or a free application. It comes with a price tag of USD15; I think this is pretty reasonable. Do share with me if you happened to know or stumbled upon a free alternative.
Apple iPhone + Record-A-Call
Since I don’t own an iPhone, it is hard to tell if this mobile app works. Obviously you won’t get to find this sort of apps in the iPhone store; you’ll probably need to visit a website via safari for this feature. This is what I found – Record-a-Call. Basically what it does is it allows you to record phone conversations and conference calls, and easily receive the transcribed text of your recordings.
- Record phone conversations
- Transcribe recorded conversations into simple text
- Transcribe conference calls for quick and easy meeting minutes
Since this application is not installed onto your Smartphone, not to mention that we won’t know what is going on or what the application is collecting, it is best that you avoid using this app, if possible, get a Symbian S60v5. Remember, point your safari browser to this url –
I suspect that the full conversation will be released to you upon some sort of payment, you’ll only be able to receive a trimmed down version of the actual recorded conversation via email.