If you’re having issues setting up and administrating Microsoft SQL Server 2008, here is a free book on database administration and intelligence development by Microsoft. Unlike Linux where tutorials are plenty all over the internet, Microsoft Server on the other hand has minimal information for some unknown reasons. Remember to install a proper antivirus for your SQL server.
Their purpose in Introducing the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 ebook is to point out both the new and the improved in the latest version of SQL Server. Because this version is Release 2 (R2) of SQL Server 2008, you might think the changes are relatively minor—more than a service pack, but not enough to justify an entirely new version.
Recommended Reading: 7 Must Use SQL Queries To Clean And Optimize WordPress MySQL Database
However, as you read this book, we think you will find that there are a lot of exciting enhancements and new capabilities engineered into SQL Server 2008 R2 that will have a positive impact on your applications, ranging from improvements in operation to those in management. It is definitely not a minor release!
Part I – Database Administration (SQL 2008)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Editions and Enhancements
- Multi-Server Administration
- Data-Tier Applications
- High Availability and Enhancements
- Consolidation and Monitoring
Part II – Business Intelligence Development (SQL 2008)
- Scalable Data Warehousing
- Master Data Services
- Complex Event Processing with StreamInsight
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- Self-Service with PowerPivot
Download Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 PDF Format. Alternatively, you might want to try Apache XAMPP and have the SQL installed onto your desktop or laptop for diagnosis purposes.
Part I – Database Administration (SQL 2012)
- CHAPTER 1 SQL Server 2012 Editions and Engine Enhancements
- CHAPTER 2 High-Availability and Disaster-Recovery Enhancements
- CHAPTER 3 Performance and Scalability
- CHAPTER 4 Security Enhancements
- CHAPTER 5 Programmability and Beyond-Relational Enhancements
Part II – Business Intelligence Development (SQL 2012)
- CHAPTER 6 Integration Services
- CHAPTER 7 Data Quality Services
- CHAPTER 8 Master Data Services
- CHAPTER 9 Analysis Services and PowerPivot
- CHAPTER 10 Reporting Services
Microsoft SQL Server tutorial – What is MS SQL?
We show you how to configure database mail in SQL Server 2008 using the wizard. Next we show you how to send an email using the mail account we just created. This sql server 2008 tutorial will help you show what is MS SQL.