If you own an old desktop system, where the existing drivers works and newer updates might break it, chances you, you might need a third party driver backup software, in the event that the new Microsoft Windows update is not compatible with newer drivers.
Related Article ➤ 6 Tips To Get 5x Better Wifi Signal And Boost Speed
For missing drivers, third party software to identify the hardware components and search the manufacturer websites for the correct drivers. The other benefit is if you have lots of computers to reformat and backup, re-downloading GB of data doesn’t make sense. A backup of similar drivers for similar system makes perfect sense.
↓ 01 – IObit Driver Booster | Free / Pro USD23
Easily Identify & Fix over 400,000 Outdated, Missing & Incorrect PC Drivers. Download Intel PC Drivers, Nvidia Drivers, Realtek Drivers & Microsoft Drivers with Driver Booster. Support 400,000+ Devices & Drivers. Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware with Driver Booster 4. With a 200% larger online database, Driver Booster 4 is the best driver updater software that can automatically scan & fix over 400,000 devices and PC drivers provided by more than 5,000 companies.
Users can easily update Realtek HD Audio Drivers, Intel Audio/HD Graphics/WLAN/LAN Drivers, Nvidia drivers and all important driver packages by Microsoft with the help of Driver Booster 4. Users will be free from problems such as slow internet, computer freezes & crashes, as well as conflict with peripherals caused by outdated, missing or incorrect drivers. Driver Booster helps you find the right driver updates for Windows 10 systems including the new Windows 10 Redstone system.
↓ 02 – SlimDrivers | Free [ Bundleware ]
Crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for your system and initiates the driver install automatically. – Note: Individual Driver updates are free. The Plus version called DriverUpdate allows for “Download All” and advanced automation functionality.
SlimDrivers automatically updates PC drivers with real-time scanning and cloud technology. The first cloud-based utility for updating and maintaining drivers, SlimDrivers provides instant optimization of the interaction between a computer and its system components and periperhals, such as printers, graphic and sound cards, motherboards, USB ports, game controllers and other devices and hardware. SlimDrivers scans a PC, identifies the correct drivers needed, and retrieves them from the cloud, automatically installing the most current, precise drivers for each individual PC.
- Cloud-Based Driver Management – Advanced technology unlocks new potentials in the way you repair and optimize a PC. Our applications doesn’t come with a pre-set list of drivers. Instead, they contact a dynamic information cloud, an online data center that is constantly receiving new driver definitions.
- Optimizing your PC – Having a slimmed down update process makes it easier to get the latest drivers, including those that improve computer performance, PC function and user accessibility.
- Better Controls – With SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate, you can take control of the various drivers on your PC. Quick setup lets you find outdated drivers, update old drivers and restore broken drivers just by pointing and clicking.
- Rapid repair of Driver-related Errors – SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate are equipped to automatically repair problems with the update and install processes, taking the hassle out of unforeseen errors and incompatibilities.
- New Technology to Maximize Efficiency – Not all scans are created equal. SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate implement the latest developments in analysis technology, coordinating checks with the Windows Device Manager, Windows System Manager and Windows Update Online.
- The Latest Driver Every Time – By using cloud-based technology, DriverUpdate keeps you in-step with the latest releases in hardware and software. No matter how new your component is, there’s and up-to-date definition for it in the cloud.
↓ 03 – DriverMax | Free [ Bundleware ] / USD20
DriverMax is a tool that changes the way you update your computer drivers. Remember how hard it was to search by yourself all the drivers you needed? DriverMax changed that. You no longer have to do this by yourself, DriverMax has got you covered. It scans your computer and identifies missing or outdated/faulty drivers, downloads them and installs them for you.
Because of the fact that Windows stores all versions of older drivers, older versions get mixed up with more recent ones. To avoid that, the DriverMax Export Wizard will only export the drivers you select by copying the needed files to a folder or a compressed ZIP file. DriverMax allows you to export all your current drivers (or just the ones that work ok) to a folder or a compressed file. After reinstalling Windows you will have everything in one place! Works great on Microsoft Windows 10.
- ATI Drivers
- Broadcom Drivers
- Brother Drivers
- Canon Drivers
- Creative Technology Drivers
- Dell Drivers
- HP Drivers
- Intel Drivers
- Lexmark Drivers
- LG Drivers
- Linskys Drivers
- Logitech Drivers
- Microsoft Drivers
- Mitsubishi Drivers
- Motorola Drivers
- Netgear Drivers
- Nvidia Drivers
- Realtek Drivers
- Sony Drivers
- Display Drivers
- Audio & Sound
- Graphics & Video Adapters
- Modems & Network Adapters
- Digital Cameras
- Video & TV Tuners
- Wireless Internet
- Input Devices
- Optical Disk Drives
- SCSI & SATA Devices
- External Hard Drives
- Motherboard Chipsets
DriverMax finds and downloads the best drivers for your PC for:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Both 64-bit and 32-bit editions of Windows are fully supported.
↓ 04 – Driver Magician | Free / USD22
Driver Magician Lite is freeware, it identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the “saved” drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands.
What’s more, Driver Magician has a built in database of the latest drivers with the ability to go to the Internet to receive the driver updates. It saves lots of time to find the correct drivers and mature drivers will obviously increase the performance of hardware. If there are unknown devices in your PC, Driver Magician helps you detect them easily and quickly with its built in hardware identifier database. Key features:
- Back up device drivers of your computer in four modes.
- Restore device drivers from backup in one mouse click.
- Update device drivers of your PC to improve system performance and stability.
- Uninstall device drivers
- Live Update device identifier database and driver update database.
- Detect unknown devices.
- Back up more items such as My Documents and Desktop.
- Restore more items from backup.
- Get detailed information of the hardware drivers.
- Clone all drivers to an auto-setup package (.exe), so you can restore drivers without installing Driver Magician.
↓ 05 – Driver Easy | Free / USD30
Manually finding drivers for Windows takes forever. And sometimes you still don’t find what you need. Driver Easy changes all that. It scans your computer, tells you what drivers are missing or outdated, then updates them all, in one go. All you have to do is click Update All button, and all drivers will be downloaded and installed automatically. Finds drivers for:
- Audio Devices
- Bluetooth Devices
- PCI Cards
- Network / Ethernet Cards
- Wi-Fi Cards
- Graphic Cards
- USB Devices
- CD/DVD-ROM Drives
↓ 06 – DriverBackup! | Free
Fast and user-friendly free tool for drivers’s backup, restoration and removal with command line options, automatic restoration from CD\DVD and path formatting. DriverBackup! includes also an interactive command line builder.
- Backup & restore of windows drivers
- Drivers’ backup from offline or non-booting system
- Unknown device recognition
- Command line switches with integrated command line builder
- Compatible with 64 bit systems
- Automatic generation of autorun files for drivers’ restoration
- No installation required