One of the biggest problem with iCloud is the limited 5GB storage space, if you take lots of photos, especially videos, it will be filled up in no time. If paying for a monthly fee is out of the option, then check out these other alternatives. Some may argue if you can afford an iPhone, it means you can afford the 99 cents fee per month, what if the iPhone is a gift? A secondhand purchase?
Alternative 2020 Article ➤ 6 Virtual Phone Number App For iOS And Android Smartphones
Apple iCloud is a very useful service, in the event you lose your phone or requires to change the battery, it makes restoring to the original settings you are accustomed to nothing more than a click of a button. Everything is back to what it was. A summary of my advice for those using iPhone but is running out of space with their iCloud.
- Use iCloud to backup all of your other settings and data except for photos.
- For photos and videos that will take up huge spaces in iCloud, use these alternative services.
↓ 01 – Google Photos [ The Best ] | Unlimited Backup Storage
You can pretty much stop looking and just use Google Photos to backup your photos in iPhone. With Unlimited backup storage, what more can one ask? Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today. This app is the best backup options for iCloud users, the quality for unlimited backup for pictures and videos is just unbeatable, even iCloud can reach the simplicity and helpful.
- Free Unlimited Storage – Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
- Free Up Space – Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
↓ 02 – Amazon Photos | Free 5GB For Prime Users
Amazon Photos offers unlimited full-resolution online photo storage, and 5 GB free video storage, to Prime members, who can save and share their photos on desktop, mobile, and tablet. Share unlimited photo storage with up to 5 people. Share photos with anybody, Prime member or not, with Groups. With the Amazon Photos mobile and web apps, photo backup has never been easier.
Use the iOS mobile apps to auto-save your photos, then safely delete them from your phone to free up space on your device. Upload photos from your desktop computer, and store them all safely with the Amazon Photos desktop app. Access your photos and videos anywhere, across desktop, mobile, and tablet.
↓ 03 – Box | Free 10GB
Securely store, manage and share all your files, photos and documents with 10GB of free cloud storage from Box. Box for iPhone and iPad helps you get your work done on the go. It’s fast, secure and simple to use, so you can be productive from anywhere, which is the reason more than 25 million users and 225,000 companies use Box. Box for iPhone and iPad features:
- 10GB of free cloud storage to back up all your Photo and Video
- Photo and video upload
- Share important photos, videos, notes and other documents
↓ 04 – Microsoft OneDrive | Free 5GB
OneDrive is one nice cloud service developed by Microsoft Inc. After downloading OneDrive for iOS to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can view, upload and share photos, videos and documents on the cloud server anytime and anywhere. Save your files and photos to OneDrive and get them from any device, anywhere.
Easily find photos thanks to automatic tagging. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go, also share albums of your favorite photos and videos.
↓ 05 – Ever | Unlimited Backup Storage
Ever protects your life’s photos so you never have to worry about losing them. Across devices and photo sources, Ever automatically backs up your photos and videos so you can access them at any time. You can then free up space on your device by removing photos from your camera roll.
- High-resolution photo backup from your device’s camera roll
- Easily import photos from Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Google, and more
- Your photos are always private until you decide to share
- Automatically back up photos on your device, as you take them
- Add an extra level of security with Touch ID protection
↓ 06 – Mylio | Free 25,000 Photos | 3 Devices
I have 10 years worth of photos in my smartphone and only has 10,000+ photos, I believe 25,000 photos is more than enough for everyday users. One app to collect all of your photos, videos, and documents into a single library, automatically organizing them into the visual story of your life.
Mylio is a free app for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android that manages all of your photos and files from all of your devices and online services like Facebook and Flickr. Mylio is not a cloud service, so it doesn’t rely on the internet to sync or view your files. Your memories are available directly on your device anywhere, anytime.
- Reclaim your device’s storage – Sync thousands of files to your devices using a fraction of the space. You can then free up space on your device without losing access to your files.
- Organize with face recognition – Cutting edge face recognition can help you tag and organize thousands of photos in minutes.
- Protect your memories – In Mylio, Vaults ensure your data is protected. Use external drives, desktop computers or even cloud services like Amazon or Google drive to protect your files.