Can I install Norton Antivirus and Kaspersky on my laptop? or can I install McAfee and AVG on the same desktop? The answer is no. The reason being that having two or more antivirus software installed on a system will cause Microsoft Windows to be sluggish, this is because both anti-virus will try to out-scan each other.
Traditionally, only a single engine can actively scan a system at a given time. Using multiple engines simultaneously can result in conflicts that lead to system freezes and application failures. However, a number of security applications and application suites have optimized multiple engines to work together.
In short, Symantec Norton Antivirus will scan McAfee Antivirus’s processes while McAfee tries to scan Norton’s processes this will cause an endless loop of scanning as both will continuously scan each other, thus consuming unnecessary resources by out-scanning each other. Running multiple antivirus is not a wise thing to do, not impossible but unwise. Some people feel safer with 2 antivirus instead of 1, but they are not aware by installing multiple antivirus will causes the laptop or computer to freeze randomly, if not, Windows will lag badly.
With Hundreds of thousands of malware, trojans, and viruses are released to the world wide web on a daily or hourly basis. Even the best anti-virus engines available today can only detect so much from the time new threats are released up to a day, a week, or even a month after. This is where a multi engine antivirus becomes popular with the FBI, CIA, and big corporations, they are the best antivirus protection.
↓ 01 – SecureAPlus | Free 1 Year | 12 Cloud Antivirus Engine
Universal AV lets users combine more than 10 antivirus engines in a simple and straightforward solution. This effectively bridges the gaps in between to give users one of the best detection rates from day one to one hundred and beyond. When Universal AV detects threats, it incorporates data from multiple engines and present them to the user to make an informed decision, instead of immediately deleting a potentially harmless file. By leveraging the power of the cloud, not only do you get real-time scan results from multiple anti-virus engines at a time, but it also lets you save a lot on CPU processes and RAM consumption. Works great on Microsoft Windows 10.
- Universal AV – Use up to 12 Cloud Anti-Virus Engines for higher detection rates & low false positives
- Application Whitelisting – Prevent untrusted applications from running without your permission
- Offline Protection – Optional local Anti-Virus is included for protection while offline
↓ 02 – OPSWAT Metadefender Client | Free | 42 Antivirus Engines
OPSWAT Metadefender Combines a configurable number of anti-malware engines (1 to 30) to scan for malware on premise. Also available with 42 engines in the cloud. When you suspect a device may be infected with malware, run Metadefender Cloud Client for the most thorough free malware scan. The tool uses several unique methods to identify malware and give you visibility into the processes your device is running:
- Memory module anti-malware scanning using 40+ anti-malware engines
- Local anti-malware monitoring for suspicious repeated threats
- Checking if your device is connected to a rogue IP
↓ 03 – Qihoo 360 Total Security | Free | 5 Antivirus Engines
Your unified solution for PC security and utility. Qihoo 360 Total Security use Bitdefender Engine, QVM 2 Engine,360 Cloud engine. But, Chinese version includes Avira engine additionally. 360 Total Security is one such application, since it includes an antivirus scanner, a cleanup tool and a startup booster, all wrapped nicely with an intuitive GUI. Multiple Engines Protection
- 360 Cloud Scan Engine
- 360 System Repair Engine
- 360 QVMII AI Engine
- Avira Engine
- Bitdefender Engine
↓ 04 – HitmanPro | 30 Days Free | 3 Antivirus Engines
Combines an in-house behavioral engine with a cloud containing engines from Kaspersky Lab and BitDefender. A new host of malware is activated every day and can be found everywhere, even on trusted websites, evading regular antivirus programs. HitmanPro is designed to run alongside your antivirus, using its behavioral deep scanning to find and eliminate zero-day, next-gen malware that has avoided detection.
- Behavioral detections + collective intelligence – Instead of solely relying on product signatures to detect malware, HitmanPro investigates each file’s behavior to determine what acts malicious. This approach gives HitmanPro the ability to stop brand-new and complex malware and viruses before they’ve been identified. HitmanPro also accesses the SophosLabs malware database, allowing for detection of even more forms of malware, while tracking the malware to its source.
- No installation needed – HitmanPro is only 12 MB and requires no installation. It can start directly from a desktop, USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, or a remote storage device. Even if your antivirus is being manipulated by malware or ransomware is getting a hold of your files, HitmanPro functions normally, detecting and removing the threat.
- Comprehensive remediation – HitmanPro has the ability to remove persistent threats from within your operating system and replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions, all while proactively blocking reinfection attempts.
↓ 05 – herdProtect [ Discontinued ] | Free | 68 Antivirus Engines
herdProtect Anti-Malware Scanner is a fast and free Windows desktop program which detects malicious threats, spyware and adware by utilizing 68 industry anti-malware scanners. It has no impact on your system resources and uses the herdProtect cloud-based scanning engine. The scanner is a second line of defense and is designed to work perfectly with your existing anti-virus software (we highly recommend you use another anti-malware product with herdProtect).
The scanner works by taking a snapshot of all the ‘active’ files on a user’s PC. We generally define an active file as one that is currently executing on the system or has the ability to automatically execute by means of an auto-start procedure (such as an extension, task, etc.). This snapshot, is stripped of any personally identifiable details to make sure that the report is 100% anonymous and securely sent to the herdProtect servers to be analyzed. Upon arriving, the system quickly sorts the files as known or unknown entities. Known entities are then categorized based on the detections that were discovered when scanned by all 68 anti-malware engines. Engines that Power herdProtect
- AhnLab V3
- Antiy Labs Antiy-AVL
- Aladdin eSafe
- Avast! Antivirus (ALWIL)
- AVG AntiVirus
- Avira AntiVir
- Baidu Antivirus
- Boost (Resason Software)
- Quick Heal (Cat Computer Services)
- Command Antivirus (Commtouch)
- ClamAV (ClamAV)
- DrWeb (Doctor Web, Ltd.)
- Emsisoft (Emsi Software)
- ESET NOD32 (Eset Software)
- ESTsoft ALYac
- F-Pro (FRISK Software)
- GData (G DATA Software)
- The Hacker (Hacksoft)
- herdProtect [Fuzzy]
- IKARUS anti.virus
- nProtect (INCA Internet)
- K7 Antivirus (K7 Computing)
- K7 Gateway Antivirus (K7 Computing)
- Kaspersky Endpoint (Security 10 for Windows)
- Lavasoft Ad-aware
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware
- McAfee VirusScan
- Microsoft Forefront
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Defender
- mSecure Antivirus
- Nano Antivirus
- Norman Antivirus
- Panda Platinum (Panda Security)
- Preventon (Security Software)
- Qihoo 360 Internet Security (Qihoo)
- Rising Antivirus
- Sophos SAV
- System Shield (iolo)
- Tencent Antivirus
- Trend Micro
- Trend Micro HouseCall
- Twister Antivirus (Filseclab)
- Vexx Guard AntiVirus
- ViRobot (Hauri)
- VirusBlokAda VBA32
- VIPRE Antivirus (ThreatTrack Securit/Sunbelt/GFI)
- VIRUSfighter Plus (SPAMfighter)
- Zoner AntiVirus (Check Point)