I was experiencing 80% packet loss and very high ping per ms because my ISP’s undersea fiber cable snapped, it will take them 1 month to fix it, thus the search for a reliable gaming VPN for my daily dota of Dota 2. Are you searching for a good VPN to reduces ping times for all the hottest online games like Quake 3, DOTA 2, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Counter Strike and many, many more? If you have a bad ISP, these VPN might solve the ping and packet loss issue. Before you subscribe to any of these VPN services, you ought to know that:
Alternative 2020 Article ➤ 50 Beautiful DOTA 2 Posters & Heroes Silhouette HD Wallpapers
- VPN will not speed up your internet speed (ms) unless your ISP have routing issues.
- VPN will not reduce ping unless there is packet loss by your ISP.
Simply put it, VPN will only improve the ms ping and packet loss if you have a bad ISP with bad routing, using a VPN on a dial-up will not magically makes your internet connection faster. VPN is nothing more than a dedicated routing service, more often than not, a better routing provider than your existing ISP. Do note having a fast connection doesn’t mean your win rate will be higher.
↓ 01 – NordVPN [ The Best ] | 5787 Servers | 60 Locations
Pay 1 year and get 2 years for free! USD3.50 per month for 36 months! Imagine VPN as a hack-proof, encrypted tunnel for online traffic to flow. Nobody can see through the tunnel and get their hands on your internet data. NordVPN gives you peace of mind each time you use public Wi-Fi, access personal and work accounts on the road, or want to keep your browsing history to yourself.
Buffering is the ultimate buzzkill, so streaming or downloading files with a slow internet connection is not an option. No worries here! Choose from over 5700 NordVPN servers in 60 countries and enjoy the fastest VPN experience. Having more servers means less load, and the wide variety of locations means there’s a higher chance you’ll find one nearby. DDoS protection. Worldwide access. Supreme gaming experience with NordVPN.
- Protect yourself from DDoS attacks – Online games can get ultra competitive, and dirty tricks are not uncommon. NordVPN will shield you from DDoS attacks, securing your connection at all times.
- Avoid bandwidth throttling – Internet speed is crucial in online gaming, and you don’t want your ISP messing with it. NordVPN stops your ISP from seeing your activity and throttling your bandwidth.
- P2P Servers – Choose from hundreds of servers optimized for P2P sharing. NordVPN has no bandwidth limits and doesn’t log any of your activity.
- Double VPN servers – Send your Internet traffic through two different VPN servers for double encryption. Recommended for the most security-focused.
- Dedicated IP servers – Order a dedicated IP address, which can only be used by you and will not be shared with any other NordVPN users.
- Onion Over VPN servers – For maximum online security and privacy, combine the benefits of NordVPN with the anonymizing powers of the Onion Router.
- Obfuscated servers – If you’re located in a country with heavy restrictions on Internet access, connect to one of our obfuscated servers.
↓ 02 – VyprVPN [ The Best ] | 700 Servers | 50 Locations
VyprVPN is the best among all the VPN I tested, it is reasonably priced and unlike the others, you can use this VPN for normal browsing whereas the others are created for the gaming application only.
What’s unique about VyprVPN is their DDoS Protection, this can be seen on one of the games in Dota 2 Ti5 when it was DDos, thus causing the game to be paused for 1 hour plus. When you connect to VyprVPN you are assigned a VyprVPN IP address and can prevent your true IP from being targeted by a DDoS attack. VyprVPN offers over 200,000+ IP addresses and NAT Firewall for blocking unrequested inbound traffic.
- VyprVPN – US$5.00/mo for 1 year or US$.9.95/mo billed monthly
- VyprVPN Premium – US$6.67/mo for 1 year or US$12.95/mo billed monthly
Verdict – This is the only VPN I’ve tested that gives me 0 packet loss and 17ms ping. It is not free, and somewhat expensive, thus explains the overall quality.
↓ 03 – WTFast | n/a Servers | n/a Locations [ Steam Integrated ]
The WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) is a client/server solution that makes online games faster. Our proprietary software client hooks latency sensitive game data, sending that data through our global network of over 100 servers, optimizing the game connection from end to end. The WTFast GPN ensures low average latency, and minimizes flux and spikes in your game connection, making the difference between a winning and losing move!
- 1 month – $ 5.99 [ Basic ] | $ 9.99 [ Advanced ]
- 3 months – $ 17.07 [ Basic ] | $ 28.47 [ Advanced ]
- 6 months – $ 32.35 [ Basic ] | $ 53.95 [ Advanced ]
- 12 months – $ 59.90 [ Basic ] | $ 99.90 [ Advanced ]
Verdict – Just like the other so called dedicated gaming VPN, it does reduce the ping and packet loss but not good enough to prevent lags.
↓ 04 – VPN4Games | 64 Servers | 18 Locations
This company appears to be coming from Thailand, there is no evidence they actually operate their own VPN server, if this is true, it means they have no control over the server load and more. Having said that, their price is one of the most affordable, they even offer a 7 day pass for $ 1.49 only. Runs on Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android.
- 1 Day – Free Trial
- 7 Days – $ 1.49
- 15 Days – $ 2.49
- 30 Days – $ 4.49
- 65 Days – $ 9.49
- 115 Days – $ 15.49
- 240 Days – $ 30.49
- 365 Days – $ 42.49
Verdict – I did not test VPN4Games, I can’t say if it is good or bad. Do drop your own review on the comment section for others to read.
↓ 05 – Kill Ping | 100 Servers | 30 Locations
With guaranteed 60% lag reduction; play freely in any region that you desire. Long gone are the days when you got owned due to lag, unfortunately, I still experience packet loss while using their service, it is better with VPN but it doesn’t solve the packet loss problem I had with my ISP because of a faulty undersea cable.
Unlike other VPN, they have a special software that loads with your gaming application, thus making it a gaming only VPN. You cannot browse the web with their VPN service.
- 1 month – $ 7.99
- 6 months – $ 29.99
- 12 months – $ 40.00
Verdict – I’ve tested the free trial version and come to conclusion that it does reduce my packet loss to 20% from 80%, the ping is better but not good enough to prevent lag.
↓ 06 – MudFish | 299 Servers | n/a Locations
‘Mudfish’ is a kind of VPN service focused to boost your network experience with various WAN Optimization techniques guaranteeing your TCP or UDP connections would be more robust and faster.
- Prepaid Credit USD $2.99 | $4.99 | $9.99 | $29.99 | $49.99 | $99.99
- USD $2.99 is about 27 GB of bandwidth
Verdict – No free trials, therefore I can’t comment if MudFish is good or bad. Do drop comments on your experience with them. Thanks.
↓ 07 – ExitLag | n/a Servers | n/a Locations
The choice of professional players when the subject is lag removal, improve FPS and generate stability. ExitLag has an innovative multi-path system that allows multiple simultaneous connections to your game servers in different countries. The ExitLag works with any online game, just add your game into the Games tab.
↓ 08 – Outfox by VyprVPN | n/a Servers | 40 Locations
Outfox is an optimized gaming network that routes your traffic through our network to provide the best performance possible. Outfox stabilizes your connection to prevent jitter, reduce lag, lower ping and increase speed. It maneuvers past crowded network traffic, providing the fastest route to your game server. Select a server or let Fastest Server automatically choose the quickest option available, even if that’s your standard, non-Outfox connection.
- Determine The Best Path – Outfox checks connection times to the game’s server through your standard connection and Outfox’s servers, taking into account your location, network traffic and conditions, and the location of the game servers.
- Route Your Traffic – Outfox routes your traffic through our global network, taking the fastest, most stable and best route available to your game’s server.
- Improve Your Performance (And Prove It) – Outfox reduces ping and lag, which in turn increases speed. Outfox stabilizes your connection, eliminating jitter and ping spikes. Ping and other details are displayed in our Session Graph, so you can easily see connection improvements.
↓ 09 – HideMyAss Pro | 930 Servers | 350 Locations
As the popularity of online gaming continues to grow, so does the need to be able to play the latest game releases. You may have come across several problems during the course of your gaming career; being unable to purchase certain games, experiencing ping issues, or you may have been a victim of cyber criminals. You may not be aware that you can potentially improve gaming response times, and protect and secure yourself while playing. How? By using a VPN – HMA! Pro VPN. Here are 5 ways a VPN can improve, accelerate and protect you when playing video games. Latency (ping) problem? VPN server is capable of improving ping for many gamers, since traffic takes a more effective and faster route via a VPN than without it.
- 1 month – $ 10.00
- 6 months – $ 40.00
- 12 months – $ 60.00
Verdict – I subscribed to their service and found that performance varies, depending on location and time. Average performance.