How to add a second number to your smartphone for business purpose and stop carrying two phones? Some smartphones comes with dual sim card, most don’t have this feature, especially Apple’s iPhone. This is why these apps enables you to have a free secondary virtual mobile phone number, also known as “Temporary Disposable Numbers”. They require an internet connect to run because they are VoIP, they are possibly the best virtual phone system for small business because unlike PBX, you are not required to purchase any hardware.
A second line helps you separate your personal life from your work one — much like business email does with creating a professional or separate identity. A virtual office telephone system line that serves as your designated business number, you have all the benefits of a professional phone line with the ease of a mobile or desktop app that you can use on the devices you already own, including your smartphone, smartwatch, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Forget about those dual sim card adapter for iPhone, this virtual number app is a better solution. The advantage is, both numbers runs continuously, whereas the adapter can only have 1 sim card activated at a time. The other advantage is these numbers are disposable, just sign up for a new number once the old number receive too many spam calls. Ideal for prank calls too.
↓ 01 – Google Voice Number | USA Only | No Subscription Fees + Credits
Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail as easy as email, free US long distance, low rates on international calls, and many calling. It is a virtual phone number forwarding service. The virtual number is linked to your Google Hangout, this mean calling and SMS are all done via Hangout. To subscribe for a free number, click on the ‘settings’ button, then go to ‘Phones’ Tab and integrate it with your existing phone number.
↓ 02 – Burner | USD5/m + Credit Purchase
Burner is your “other” number – your work number, Craigslist number, Etsy number or dating number – the one to give out when you need to be in touch, but want the option to disconnect. Use Burner for everyday situations – web forms, deliveries, salespeople, and buying things on the web – just like any other phone number. Get all the features you need to stay in touch including calls, texts, and picture messages. Create multiple Burners, keep them as long as you want, and burn them anytime – no hassles and no contracts. Share your Burner with anyone and everyone – and keep your real number private. Unlimited numbers for calling, texting & picture messaging. Now you can connect Burner to your favorite apps using Burner Connections.
- Real phone numbers when you need them – Unlike a random phone number generator, Burners are real numbers with local area codes you can use for calls, texts, and voicemail to stay in touch with anyone.
- Control your mobile identity – Manage who can reach you without compromising your personal information or using a non-functioning fake phone number. Features like Touch ID lock and custom line colors will keep you organized and in control.
- Burn to “disconnect” – Keep a Burner as long as you want… or dispose of it at the touch of a button. Like magic, your number goes out of service and the data is wiped from your phone.
↓ 03 – Line2 | USD10/m & USD15/m + Minutes
Line2 is a cloud phone service that lets you talk and message on your mobile devices with the simplicity of an app. Add a second phone line, or complete business phone system, to your mobile phone, tablets and computers. Line2 is an IP-based phone service. It runs in the cloud and works on any Internet connected device. Once you have selected a number in your desired area code, it’s an app that works as your phone number—allowing you unlimited calling and texting. Also for an additional cost, enjoy other business features such as auto attendant, multiple lines, and call screening.
- All-Inclusive Plan – Text as much as you want and enjoy practically unlimited US and Canada calling in your monthly package.
- Choose Any Number – Get a local number in the city of your choice. Or, transfer your existing number at no additional cost.
- Port Your Own Number – Transfer (port) any existing wireless or landline US or Canada number to your Line2 account.
- Call Forwarding – Forward all calls to your mobile number, home, or office.
- WiFi Calling – Talk and text over WiFi and mobile data. No matter which network you’re on or moving between, your calls stay connected—even in cell phone “dead zones.”
- No Contracts. Cancel Anytime – Sign up for a month-to-month service and pay as you go with no set-up or cancellation fees.
↓ 04 – Skype Number | USD6/m + Credits
With a Skype “virtual mobile phone number” number your friends without Skype can call you, like a normal number, and you answer the call on your computer. How it works. Jane has set up a Skype Number. Now, when she visits the US (or anywhere else in the world) on business her friends and family back home can call her as normal. Skype does all the clever stuff and routes their calls to Jane’s computer when she signs into Skype. Sign up for a Skype Number and get the convenience of a local number that people can call, wherever you are. Skype Numbers are available in a wide variety of area codes, and in several countries/regions.
- Get a professional number for the office
- Expand your reach with an international number
- Manage your calls in one place and save money
- Keep a home number when you’re away
- Make it easier and cheaper for family to call
- Solve the problem of needing a local number for the bank.
↓ 05 – Sideliner | USD3/m & USD10/m
Sideline is the free 2nd number for your smartphone. It uses your existing carrier network and minutes so your 2nd number works anywhere your cell phone does. Since Sideline provides carrier reliability, it’s the go-to phone solution for small businesses, entrepreneurs, freelancers, or anyone who needs a 2nd phone line for privacy. You can finally stop using your cell number for work and keep your personal number private.
- Local Area Code Number – Select a local area code and get a number that works wherever you do. You get to talk and text from a 2nd phone line—and because it’s a real number, you can call or text anyone.
- Transfer Existing Line – If you already have a work number on another landline or 2nd device, number porting lets you transfer that number onto Sideline.
- Carrier reliability – Unlike most calling apps that use Wi-Fi, Sideline works with your regular cellular network to give you the same great quality and reliability you get from your personal number. This also lets you share your calling minutes (which are probably unlimited) between two numbers. Compared to “cloud-based,” “virtual,” or “VoIP” phone systems, Sideline uses a minimal amount of data for general functionality.
- Calling and Texting – Your second number is just like your first. Separate caller IDs, notifications, and ringtones make it clear who’s contacting you. For outbound communication, just open Sideline. With your free phone number, you get unlimited texting and Sideline calling uses the carrier plan you already have. *Support for Hawaii and Alaska coming soon.
- Keep personal number private – You shouldn’t give your personal number to everyone—that’s why there’s Sideline. But it’s not just a 2nd line for work. It can be your temporary number. Your anonymous number. Your business number. Your disposable number. Your fake phone number. It’s whatever you need it to be to protect your primary cell number.
- Voicemail Forwarding – On nights, weekends, or holidays, you can always silence your Sideline and send callers directly to voicemail. You can even set up multiple voicemails or auto-text replies to customize your greeting for any circumstance.
↓ 06 – Cloud SIM | Credit Purchase
Looking for a way to find all your mobile requirements in one easy to use app? Cloud SIM mobile app gives you 4 extra real mobile numbers to assign for work, travel, dating or just for personal use – all whilst keeping your real number private. No need for two phones, Cloud SIM gives you the freedom to access all your separate contacts from one simple app.
Offering free texts and chat to other Cloud SIM users, and low-cost SMS and calls to anyone, this handy app allows you to switch effortlessly between profile and stay in control of your mobile identity. Need low cost international call rates? Cloud SIM boasts the lowest of any mobile provider. Featuring in-app purchases and friendly user interface, Cloud SIM is the way forward in mobile interaction, unlocking a whole new world of networking, right from you own phone. Dial up a storm, with Cloud SIM – the numbers in the air.
- Free calls and texts to other Cloud SIM users
- 4 extra real mobile numbers
- Switch effortlessly between profiles
- Dedicated voicemail for each separate mobile number
- Lowest cost international calls
- Complete control of your mobile identity
- Ideal for online businesses and eBay sellers
- Cloud SIM – Four Numbers, One phone