Backup fotos online? What is the most important thing in your smartphone? The answer is your precious photos, those memories once captured and lost will be gone forever if you lose your phone. Unlike Apple’s iPhone iOS and Microsoft Windows 10 Phone where the backing up of photos and files are done automatically, Google Android’s various configuration by various manufacturer made things somewhat confusing. Apple has iCloud where everything is uploaded to their cloud storage, whereas Microsoft’s Nokia Lumia users have OneDrive, everything is sync automatically.
If you takes a lot of Photos with your smartphone and doesn’t like to backup the files to your laptop, a cloud storage that syncs automatically will ensure all of your photos are safe in the event that your smartphone is stolen or broken. Restoring the files back to your Samsung, HTC, XiaoMi, OnePlus, Sony, Motorola, Nexus, or LG smartphone is as easy as re-downloading the app and sync it back to your phone.
G Cloud Backup vs Box vs Dropbox vs Microsoft OneDrive vs Google Drive vs Amazon Cloud Drive, which is the best? At the time of writing, I have to say G CLoud Backup is the best. They are a small company, thus will they still exist in the near future is another question. If you plan to backup your files for many years to come, go for a bigger company. Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive appears to be reasonably good. Without further ado, here are 8 of the best and free cloud services that backups all of your photos / pictures.
↓ 01 – Google Photos [ The Best ] | Unlimited HD | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows 10
Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos. Automatically organized and searchable, you can find photos fast and bring them to life. It’s the photo gallery that thinks like you do. Automatically backup all your photos and videos. Access them on any device or on the web at photos.google.com. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
↓ 02 – Shoebox | Unlimited | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows 10
Free unlimited photo storage (Max 10 megapixel photos or smaller only), so you can rediscover your photos anywhere. Store your photos in the cloud and save space on your device. Take more photos without worrying about storage limits. Your photos are always safe and private by default. Shoebox keeps your photos secure with bank level encryption.
↓ 03 – G Cloud Backup | Free 10GB | Android
A Free Android Backup App that is simple and safe to protect never-ending contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, documents, call logs, files and more to a secure cloud location. This is by far the best offsite backup apps because it backups everything, everything including sms and contact numbers.
- Auto Backup Messages (SMS), contacts, call logs, documents, settings, photos (at full resolution), videos, music and more
- Backup Camera, Whatsapp, viber photos and videos
- Access your messages, call logs, download contacts, share music, videos and view photos from the web
- Protect the App with a passcode
- Secure data transfer (Secure Socket Layer) and storing (256-AES) on Amazon AWS
↓ 04 – Box | Free 10GB | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows 10
Winner of PC Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award: “There are plenty of excellent file-syncing storage services, but, on Android, the Box app takes the cake.” Securely store, manage and share all your files, photos and documents with 10GB of free cloud storage from Box. Box for Android features:
- Upload photos, videos and other files to Box and download them to your device
- View and print 100+ file types, including PDF, Word, Excel, AI, and PSD
- High-quality PowerPoint presentations
- File-level encryption and security controls
- Offline access to files and folders
- Share huge files with just a link – no need for attachments
- Add comments to documents to send feedback
- Search within PDF, PowerPoint, Excel, Word docs
- Updates feed to find recently viewed or edited files
- Open files in hundreds of partner apps that let you annotate, e-sign, edit and more
Box helps you get work done on the go. It’s fast, secure and simple to use, so you can be productive from anywhere, which is the reason more than 25 million users and 225,000 companies use Box.
↓ 05 – Microsoft OneDrive | Free 15GB | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows | XBox
OneDrive is the one place for everything in your work and personal life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files so you can get to them from your Android device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school. The OneDrive app for Android lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go:
- Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
- Automatically upload photos and videos to your personal OneDrive account using Camera backup.
- Share your files.
- Move, delete, and rename files, and create new folders.
- Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office apps.
- Quickly get to documents you’ve recently opened.
- Search for your files and folders.
For you to sign in to OneDrive for Business, your organization needs to have a qualifying SharePoint Online or Office 365 business subscription plan. You can’t sign in with an account from an on-premises directory. Camera backup, search, sort, and the ability to add OneDrive for Business accounts are available only on devices running Android 4.0 or later.
↓ 06 – Dropbox | Free 2GB | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows | Kindle | Blackberry
Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your Android device, and even the Dropbox website! With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go.
Read your docs or flip through your albums when you’re out and about. Save photos or videos to your Dropbox and share them with friends in just a couple taps. Even if you accidentally leave your Android in a taxi, your stuff is always safe on Dropbox. Features:
- Always have your stuff with you, no matter where you are.
- Save photos and videos to your Dropbox.
- Share your photos and docs with family and friends.
- Save email attachments straight to your Dropbox.
- Easily edit docs in your Dropbox.
↓ 07 – Google Drive | Free 15GB | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows
Get started with Google Drive for free and have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. All your files in Drive – like your videos, photos, and documents – are backed up safely so you can’t lose them. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders. With Drive, you can:
- View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
- Search for files by name and content
- Easily share files and folders with others
- Set files or folders so anyone with a link can view, comment, or edit
- Quickly access recent files
- See file details and activity
- Enable viewing of files offline
↓ 08 – Amazon Cloud Drive | Unlimited $11.99/year | Android | iOS | macOS | Windows
Amazon Cloud Drive Photos puts the power of Amazon Cloud Drive in your pocket. This free mobile app lets you access the photos and videos you’ve saved in your Cloud Drive, securely back up your photos on-the-go, save storage space on your phone, and keep your photos safe, even if your Android is lost, damaged, or upgraded. Features:
- Free unlimited photo storage for Amazon Prime members
- Enjoy automatic photo backup with the Auto-Save feature
- Keep your photos safe, even if your device is lost or damaged
- Share your photos on Facebook, through email, and other apps
- Instantly see your photos at Amazon.com/CloudDrive or on your tablet, Fire TV, or Kindle Fire
Amazon Cloud Drive is your place for everything digital. Cloud Drive offers free mobile apps, secure access from any computer, and it’s built in to your Amazon devices—so you can access your digital content everywhere you are.