AVG is well known for their Free AVG Antivirus and bootable AVG Rescue CD, both are powerful toolset for rescue and repair of infected machines. When it comes to cleaning an infected computer via DOS, the AVG Rescue CD (for USB stick) is one of my favorite. Unlike other security companies where the definition is usually out of date, AVG has the tendency to update their definition on a daily basis.
Related Article ➤ 13 Free Bootable Antivirus Rescue Disc – Fix Unbootable Windows
The AVG Rescue CD (for USB stick) is a powerful must-have toolkit for the rescue and repair of infected machines. It provides essential utilities for system administrators and other IT professionals and includes the following features:
- Comprehensive administration toolkit
- System recovery from virus and spyware infections
- Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
- Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick
How to Update AVG Rescue CD for USB
- If you don’t have AVG Rescue CD, Download Rescue CD (for USB stick)
- Download the latest virus definition for Rescue CD (See screen shot below)
- Create a folder and save the downloaded file into your USB flash drive.
- Restart your computer and boot up via AVG Rescue CD
- From the main menu list, select ‘update’ and on the ‘update type menu’ choose ‘offline’
- Navigate to the folder where the new definition was saved and select the file – update it
- Now scan your computer with the latest definition
Visit this link on How to create the AVG Rescue CD – burning ISO image?.