How to fix this site can’t be reached? With any repair utility, you will need to remember two golden rules. Firstly; Do not try to repair something that is not broken, you might break it. The second rule is, read the first rule. With that said, if you are having internet connection problem and have narrowed down the problem to Windows, here are some tools that will help you troubleshoot the “This Site Can’t Be Reached” Google Chrome error.
Alternative Article ➤ 5 Apps To Chat And Text With No Internet Connection Via Mesh Network
Like all problems, never jump to conclusion. Always diagnose the problem using a simple ‘what if’ method. If your device cannot connect to the internet, what about your PC? If your PC can while your smartphone can’t, the problem is your smartphone. If both can’t, perhaps it is the wireless router and etc. Simple troubleshooting but I’ve seen too many people jumping to conclusion when their internet connection fails. Works great on Microsoft Windows 10.
↓ 01 – Complete Internet Repair
Complete Internet Repair is a free Open Source Power Tool to repair internet connections and get you up and running in no time. Please note that it is unable to repair hardware faults or get your ISP up and running or not yet. 🙂 In short; Complete Internet Repair will attempt to repair your internet connection. Complete Internet Repair might help (no promises) if you are experiencing any of the following problems:
- Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling VPN, firewall or other networking programs.
- Unable to access any website or can only access some websites.
- Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
- No network connectivity due to registry errors.
- DNS lookup problem.
- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
- Windows update does not work.
- You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
- Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
- Sticky proxy server settings.
- A few other internet errors, but we will not discuss all here.
↓ 02 – Connectivity Fixer
Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Malware, Spyware and Adware aggressively spreading out and causing problems with Internet connections. Web browsers suddenly cannot display some websites anymore; Page cannot be found errors (also known as error 404), limited or no connectivity messages and uncontrolled disconnects from the Internet are just going to happen.
Diagnose the problem with your connection and run multiple fixes in the Connectivity Fixer advanced tools like to repair Internet Explorer. Connectivity Fixer is monitoring your Internet connection, whenever you are connected to the Internet. In the case, that the “connection monitor” will find a problem with your Internet connection, Connectivity Fixer will automatically try to resolve the problem, so that you can continue surfing the Internet.
Windows LAN Network Connection Error
Can’t connect to your internet? If you’re having problem connecting to the internet while your other devices is able to connect to the internet, chances are, your proxy setting is configured wrongly or it is switched ‘on’. Now, a proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. If this is the case where your operating system be it Windows, Mac OS or Linux is configured to use a proxy, the solution is to reset it. Here is a simple tutorial for Microsoft Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Search for ‘Internet Options’ and launch it.
- Step 2 – Select the ‘Connection’ tab
- Step 3 – Click on the ‘LAN Settings’ tab
- Step 4 – Uncheck ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings may not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).’
- Step 5 – Check ‘Automatically Detect Settings’
- Step 6 – Click ‘Ok’ to save the changes
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or check with your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server.