With any repair utility, you will need to remember two golden rules. Firstly; Do not try to repair something that is not broken, you might break it. The second rule is, read the first rule. With that said, if you are having internet connection problem and have narrowed down the problem to Windows, here are some tools that will help you troubleshoot it.
Like all problems, never jump to conclusion. Always diagnose the problem using a simple ‘what if’ method. If your device cannot connect to the internet, what about your PC? If your PC can while your smartphone can’t, the problem is your smartphone. If both can’t, perhaps it is the wireless router and etc. Simple troubleshooting but I’ve seen too many people jumping to conclusion when their internet connection fails.
↓ 01 – Complete Internet Repair
Complete Internet Repair is a free Open Source Power Tool to repair internet connections and get you up and running in no time. Please note that it is unable to repair hardware faults or get your ISP up and running or not yet. 🙂 In short; Complete Internet Repair will attempt to repair your internet connection. Complete Internet Repair might help (no promises) if you are experiencing any of the following problems:
- Internet or network problem after removing adware, spyware, virus, worm, Trojan horse, etc.
- Loss network connection after installing/uninstalling VPN, firewall or other networking programs.
- Unable to access any website or can only access some websites.
- Pop-up error window with network related problem description.
- No network connectivity due to registry errors.
- DNS lookup problem.
- Fail to renew the network adapter’s IP address or other DHCP errors.
- Network connectivity issue with limited or no connections message.
- Windows update does not work.
- You are having problems connecting to secured websites (ex. Banking).
- Internet Explorer stopped working or crashes all the time.
- Sticky proxy server settings.
- A few other internet errors, but we will not discuss all here.
↓ 02 – Connectivity Fixer
Connectivity Fixer is monitoring your Internet connection, whenever you are connected to the Internet. In the case, that the “connection monitor” will find a problem with your Internet connection, Connectivity Fixer will automatically try to resolve the problem, so that you can continue surfing the Internet.
Can’t connect to your internet? If you’re having problem connecting to the internet while your other devices is able to connect to the internet, chances are, your proxy setting is configured wrongly or it is switched ‘on’. Now, a proxy server is a server that acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers. If this is the case where your operating system be it Windows, Mac OS or Linux is configured to use a proxy, the solution is to reset it. Here is a simple tutorial for Microsoft Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Search for ‘Internet Options’ and launch it.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or check with your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server.