How to send fax online via Microsoft Windows? Free fax services online? Internet fax to email online? Where to download free fax software? Send free fax from computer? Best fax services and fax program? Searching for the best web fax and Junk fax blocker?
Do you know that you can fax for free using Microsoft Fax? This fax software come installed by default in every Windows XP and Vista. Learn how to configure Microsoft Fax and send free fax online. Watch the video tutorial below for a step by step guide.
Microsoft Fax provides you with complete fax facilities from your computer. You can configure fax settings, send and receive faxes, track and monitor fax activity, and access archived faxes. Using Fax, you can choose to send and receive faxes with a local fax device attached to your computer, or with a remote fax device connected to fax resources located on a network.
Fax may not installed by default during some Windows Setup. To install the Fax component:
- Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- In the Windows Components Wizard, select the Fax Services check box, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes: To open Fax after installation, click ‘Start’, point to ‘All Programs’, point to ‘Accessories’, point to ‘Communications’, and then click ‘Fax Console’. For more information and a comprehensive step by step guide on using Fax, visit Microsoft’s office website on Faxing in Windows XP.
6 Online Fax Services
- 1 – FreeFaxButton.com offers free online faxing to 40 countries including the USA. This free fax service is limited to 2 free faxes per day. It is 100% free, with no hidden cost or spam, and the best part is no registration required.
- 2 – FreePopFax.com is a fax to email service, it allows you to send a fax to any fax number in the US, Canada and 45 other countries. Unlike FreeFaxButton with 2 faxes limit per day, FreePopFax.com has no limit, however it is supported by advertising on the cover pages of the sent faxes, thus making your faxes unprofessional. To send a fax, simply compose the fax online or attach a one-page document in pdf or doc format.
- 3 – eFax.com goes one step beyond by allowing you to receive faxes by email, login to your account known as eFax Message Center and access your faxes via any desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone or any other devices with internet access. The only drawback is the random eFax number assigned to you, which you need to inform your recipient not to reply to the temporary number assigned. eFax Free lets you receive faxes by email with no fax machine or supplies required. Traveling on the road? Access your faxes on any laptop or wireless device connected to the Internet by logging into your eFax Message Center. Order eFax Free now to get your randomly selected eFax number. Once you experience the benefits of eFax, you have the option to upgrade to eFax Plus or eFax Pro and choose a local or toll free eFax number — plus gain the ability to send faxes and more!
- 4 – FaxZero.com, it is the best and free fax service online. Send a fax to any fax machine in the United States (including Puerto Rico) or Canada for free. You don’t need a fax machine yourself, but you do need a valid e-mail address. The service is supported by advertising on the web site and on the cover pages of the free faxes you send. You can also pay per-fax to remove the ads.
- 5 – freefax.it is a free fax services for Italian, send fax to an email services to Milan, Rome and anywhere in Italy.
- 6 – vif.com allows users to send a Fax from the web within Montreal (1-514 & 1-450 area codes).
Configuring Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
How to setup and configure Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Step 1 – Start the program through the start menu
- Step 2 – Click on “Tools” then “Fax Accounts”
- Step 3 – Select “Add” to have your fax modem installed
- Step 4 – Choose between Automatic or Manual Answering of the phone line
- Step 5 – Go to “Tools” and “Fax Settings” to configure additional options, including changing the automatic or manual reception, changing the number of rings before automatic pick up, configure TSID and CSID information, and automatically save or print a fax the moment it arrives.
Windows Fax and Scan turns your PC into a fax machine, potentially saving you money and desk space. When your PC is equipped with a fax modem (or connected to a fax server), it can send and receive documents just like a standalone device. Windows Fax and Scan even includes a handy tool for designing custom cover pages. By attaching a scanner to your PC, you can also use Windows Fax and Scan to create digital copies of documents and photos.
Sending a Fax in Windows Fax and Scan
To use the Windows 7 Fax, you need to use the “Windows Fax and Scan” program.
- Step 1 – Click on the START button, select All Programs, and select “Windows Fax and Scan”
- Step 2 – On the toolbar that appears in the program, select “New Fax” – if this is the first time that a fax is being sent, you’ll be directed to the new fax wizard. This will allow you to set all the required settings to send a fax.
- Step 3 – Create your fax, and then click send to send it to the receiving fax machine.