Cannot delete file on Windows? How to delete undeletable files and folders on Windows XP, Vista and 7? To be honest, I can live with a undeletable file or folder in my computer, however, if the file or folder is located on my desktop, then it is totally unacceptable.
If you’re getting the following messages, you’ll need a special tool to unlock and delete the specific files and folders.
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
- The file is in use by another program or user
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
Here is a almost complete list of freeware to force delete locked files and folders.
15 Free Force Delete Locked for Microsoft Windows
Unlocker 1.8.7 by Cedrick Collomb
Process Explorer by Sysinternals
ForceDel by Zoltan Csizmadia
WhoLockMe by Dr-Hoiby
FreeFile by Skrubbeltrang
UnLock IT by EMCO
APM by DiamondCS
DelinvFile by James A. Lawler
Pocket KillBox by Option^Explicit
Copylock by Noel Danjou
GiPo@MoveOnBoot by Gibin Software
DelLater by DiamondCS
Delete Doctor by Kevin Solway
BusyDelete by Freezerware
|Boot Deleter by TNT-BootBlock|