One of the biggest myth regarding computer security on an Apple Mac is your computer will never ever be infected with any malware. Due to the fact that most Apple Mac OS X user does not have any antivirus installed, let alone any fire wall, it becomes hackers favorite target. Firewall for Mac is good for Stopping spyware, Monitoring any keylogger installed and Stop Trojan from sending credit card information.
Related Article ➤ 21 Complete List Comparison Of macOSX Antivirus Apps
↓ 01 – One Periodic’s Hands Off! | $49.99
To keep you and your computer secure, Hands Off! silently monitors all operations performed by the applications running on your computer. As soon as an application tries to perform an operation for which there is no rule defined, a Hands Off! notification will appear. The notification contains all the relevant information about the operation to allow you to make an informed decision. Moreover, until you answer the notification, the operation is safely blocked and Hands Off! keeps you protected.
- Prevents applications from phoning home
- Blocks outgoing network connections
- Blocks incoming network connections
- Blocks domain name resolving
- Easily blocks multiple subdomains
- Protects from trojans, worms and network parasites
- Supports IPv4, IPv6 and local networks
↓ 02 – Little Snitch 3 | Network Monitoring | € 29.95
Firewall for incoming connections. Little Snitch not only reveals any outgoing network connection attempt to make sure that sensitive data doesn’t leave your computer without your consent. The inbound firewall in Little Snitch provides you with the same level of control for incoming connections.
↓ 03 – Murus Lite App | OS X Firewall Unchained | FREE
Murus Lite is the entry level firewall front end. Everybody can download it and use it for free. It features inbound filtering and logging and can be used to protect services running on the Mac. Despite being free Murus Lite is not a tryout or demo. It is a full featured app and is a good starting point for the novice user.
- Inbound filtering
- Inbound logging
- Expanded PF Config.
- Ports Management
↓ 04 – Radio Silence | Firewall For Mac | USD9
Radio Silence is a tiny firewall that lets you block any application from accessing the internet. It is designed for people who are not interested in configuring traditional firewalls. Radio Silence supports OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard. It only takes a few seconds to install.
- 100% Annoyance-free – Radio Silence respects your concentration. That is why it will never interrupt you with pop-up windows or alerts.
- Zero Maintenance – Once the firewall is installed, you can forget all about it. It is always on and needs no attention from you.
- Tiny and Fast – Radio Silence weighs next to nothing. It doesn’t waste any time or resources, which also makes it blazingly fast.
- Usable by Anyone – You don’t have to be a network expert to use this firewall. It takes care of all the technical details for you.
How to Turn on Firewall Security on Apple Mac OS
The Mac firewall is turned off by default, no reason given by Apple why they did not enabled it by default. It is always better to be safe than sorry, therefore there is nothing to lose by enabling it, especially if your router has no Hardware Firewall capability.
Step 3 – To turn on the firewall security feature, you will need to unlock it. To unlock this settings window click on the padlock in the bottom left corner of the window. Set the password to unlock it.
Mac Computers Fall Prey to Flashback Trojan
With the ever-growing volume of malicious software attacks on Mac computers, Mac users no longer feel their computers are safe from Internet security risks. The Flashback Trojan virus has affected over 700,000 users. Find out if your Mac is infected – and discover how to protect against Flashback and Mac OS X malware attacks.