How can I monitor my teenager’s text messages without them knowing? When it comes to parenting teenagers, filtering unwanted content no-longer is the main issue, they will find a way to get these materials. At that age, it is paramount to monitor who they meet, who they hang out with and the context of their text messages. Blocking and filtering works well with kids, but not for teenagers. How to monitor the text messages of your child? Here are 7 best free Parental Control and Kids Monitoring Apps, prevention is better than cure and these apps might help save your child from pedophile, stalkers and stop school bullying.
↓ 01 – Norton Family | Free – USD50/year | iOS | Android
Norton Family parental control software helps protect your kids from online predators by showing you what your kids are doing online and identifying potential dangers before they become problems.
- Location Supervision – Stay informed about where your kids are with tools that enable you to map the location of their Android or iOS devices and provide a 30-day history to show where they’ve been.
- Activity History – See at a glance what your kids are doing on their connected devices and how much time they’ve spent on their PCs, so you can clearly spot trends and emerging habits.
- Search Supervision – See the words, terms, and phrases your kids are searching for to gain insights into their interests and help protect them from inappropriate content.
↓ 02 – KidGuard | USD20/month | iOS | Android
KidGuard is a technology services company that provides information & tools for parents to keep their kids safe online. The KidGuard Phone Monitoring service is a cell phone tracking software provided to parents to “spy” on their kids text messages, monitor gps location, track phone logs, chats, allowing the parent to stay on top of issues such as cyberbullying, online predators, teen depression, and other risks to their children arising from the internet.
- View Location – Know exactly where your child is at anytime or where they have been in the past.
- Track Text Messages – Monitor the text messages of your child. View deleted text messages as well.
- View Apps – Keep an eye on all activity on apps such as Contacts, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Photos to name a few.
- Monitor Call Logs – Track your child’s call logs for both incoming and outgoing calls. You can also monitor other information such as contact name, number, date and duration of calls.
- Browser History – View all of your child’s browser history for any day.
- Photos – Have access to all the photos that are on your child’s cell phone.
↓ 03 – SecureTeen | USD60/year | iOS | Android | Windows
Ultimate Parental Control Software, you can keep your children safe online and protect them from the online dangers with the use of SecureTeen. This parental control solution has been designed to guard your children 24×7 and keep them away from internet hazards.
- Block Inappropriate Content – Filter your child’s online activity in real-time and block access to inappropriate content present on the internet such as pornography and violence.
- Block Apps – If you do not want your child to access certain apps, then simply block them. You can also block those apps for certain hours of the day.
- Monitor SMS and Chat Messengers – Monitor your child’s SMS and chat messages in order to know whether he is engaged in sexting or sharing inappropriate content with others.
- WhatsApp Monitoring – Keep tab on WhatsApp activities of your children.
- View Internet Activity – Know what your child is doing online and view his internet activity to make sure he is not accessing harmful content.
- Track Location – Always remain informed of your child’s whereabouts and track his location so you can be prepared for an emergency.
- Remote Management – Monitor, control, and secure your child’s online experience easily from anywhere in the world and at any given time.
↓ 04 – TeenSafe | USD10-15/month | iOS | Android
#1 in Parental Monitoring, TeenSafe helps you detect the hidden dangers lurking inside your child’s smartphone. Whether your child uses an iPhone or Android device, TeenSafe can help you keep tabs on what they are doing, who they are talking to and where they are.
- All Texts – View your child’s SMS and iMessages, even those that have been deleted.
- Web History – See what sites your child has visited
- Contacts – View all saved contacts on your child’s device
- WhatsApp – View sent and received WhatsApp messages
- Kik Messenger – View sent and received Kik Messenger texts
- Mobile Location – Track your child’s location in real-time
↓ 05 – Net Nanny | USD12/month | iOS | Android
Net Nanny allows you to control your kids’ internet activity remotely. Not only can you choose specific websites that you want blocked on your kids’ phones; you can also block types of websites, such as ones involving dating, nudity, pornography or tobacco. You can also set it so that you will get a warning if your child types in a certain keyword, such as “suicide.”
- Internet Filter – Be in control of your internet. Set filtering for 18 categories of online content to either block, warn, or allow for view.
- Block Pornography – Warn or block access to pornography and other adult content.
- Time Management – Set the total number of Internet hours in a day or set specific times of the day when your child can be online.
- Mask Profanity – View a web page without being bombarded by vulgar language.
- Social Media Monitoring – Monitor your child’s social activity for cyberbullying, sexual predators, and reputation-damaging content
↓ 06 – My Mobile Watchdog | USD152/month | iOS | Android
From the dashboard, access text messages, contacts, call logs, block apps and websites, locate your child, and much more. My Mobile Watchdog’s KidsSafe program helps educate kids and parents about good internet etiquette and positive cyber behavior. Research has shown that when educated and given a chance to succeed, kids not only cease their damaging cyber misconduct, but actually become a huge part of helping others do the same, making our schools and communities safer.
- Messages – Review text message conversations and view photos.
- Calls – View call logs and set alerts to be instantly notified when your child is being contacted by people you are not comfortable with.
- Contacts – Keep all of your child’s contacts synced, quickly and easily. Set up an approved list of contacts. Be alerted on any unapproved communication.
- Websites – All mobile internet activity on your child’s phone is logged and easily accessible. Receive Alerts when your child attempts to access a blocked site.
- Locations – Know your child’s whereabouts with GPS Location Tracking. My Mobile Watchdog keeps track of the last 99 locations your child has been.
↓ 07 – mSpy | USD25/month | iOS | Android
mSpy is the most popular and user-friendly application for watching over your kids, preventing theft, and supervising your employees’ performance. Our mobile monitoring software runs on the target device to track all activity including call log history, GPS location, calendar updates, text messages, emails, web history, and much more! After following our easy, step by step instructions on how to create your own personal online mSpy account, you may log in to immediately begin viewing the tracked data.
- Manage Calls – mSpy allows you to view all incoming/outgoing calls with their duration and timestamp.
- Track text messages – This cell phone tracking software lets you read all text and multimedia messages sent or received by the target phone user.
- Read emails – With this mobile tracking application, you can make sure your employees’ time is not wasted on writing personal emails, and your children are not threatened by online predators.
- Track GPS Location – mSpy can be set up to track GPS location of your target phone. Get to know if your son is where he is supposed to be or if your employee is really in a traffic jam.
- Monitor Internet Use – View all URLs visited by the user in cell phone browser. Сheck what they’re up to online by scanning through their browsing history.
- Access Calendar and Address Book – Check every contact entered into the phone address book and keep track of every event in the phone’s calendar.
- Read Instant Messages – Use this feature to capture messages sent and received by the target user on Skype, WhatsApp, iMessage, and Viber. Supervise user’s popular social network accounts to learn what they texting about.