How to hide your IP address while browsing the internet? There are various options, you can subscribe to a VPN service or use a browser that comes with this feature. Tor is the most well known software that masks your IP address, for those using Google Chrome and doesn’t want to migrate to a new browser, using the Tor extension works too but somewhat defeats the purpose as the browser still tracks your movement. For those into watching the 東京 Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics games live online, there is a good chance these free VPN might work.
If you are looking for ways to bypass the internet monitoring in your office, university, school, or public library, these browsers with even more security and privacy enhancement will block most tracking via proxy, or a VPN. Defend yourself against tracking, spying and surveillance. Circumvent censorship with these anonymous browsers that mask your IP Address and identity via proxy. Perhaps the best way to stay 100% untraceable and invisible is to use a no log VPN services on a public wifi, if possible on a laptop purchased via cash.
Can I be tracked if I use incognito mode? The short answer is yes. You’re tracked by Google, by your ISP, your government and hundreds of data collectors while in incognito or other private browsing modes. Your browsing history is easily accessible (via your DNS cache) upon incognito window close. Incognito mode simply deletes your browsing history and cookie after you close the browser in your computer, that’s all.
↓ 01 – Tor Project [ The Best ] | Windows | macOS | Linux | Android
With Tor Browser, you are free to access sites your home network may have blocked. They believe everyone should be able to explore the internet with privacy. They are the Tor Project, a 501(c)3 US nonprofit. They advance human rights and defend your privacy online through free software and open networks.
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
- Block Trackers – Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing. So will your browsing history.
- Defend Against Surveillance – Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
- Resist Fingerprinting – Tor Browser aims to make all users look the same making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
- Multi-Layered Encryption – Your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays.
↓ 02 – Opera | Windows | macOS | Linux | Android
Opera is the first and still only major browser that integrates a free, unlimited VPN service, allowing you to focus on the content that matters without fear of losing privacy. With Opera’s VPN turned on, your IP address will be replaced with a virtual one, making it harder for websites to track your location and identify your computer. Many tracking cookies will also be blocked.
- Free, unlimited, and with no subscription – Enhanced online privacy is a right for everyone. Our free, built-in VPN requires no subscription, payment, or additional extensions.
- Shield your browsing in public networks – Surfing on free, public Wi-Fi in airports, cafes, and event venues is a treat, but it can also be a danger. Using VPN shields your activity from being sniffed out by other users sharing the network.
- Search locally while on VPN – Disguising your IP address throws off trackers from knowing your location, but your online search results can be influenced as well. Not so with Opera’s VPN! It offers an automatic way for your online searches to bypass your virtual location to your actual location, giving you relevant results – then, you can continue to your target destination over VPN.
↓ 03 – Brave (with Tor Tab) | Windows | macOS | Linux | Android
The new Brave browser blocks ads and trackers that slow you down and invade your privacy. Discover a new way of thinking about how the web can work. Brave never remembers what you do in a Private Window. With Tor, your browsing is also hidden from your ISP or employer, and your IP address is hidden from the sites you visit.
Tor hides your IP address from the sites you visit, by routing your browsing through several Tor servers before it reaches your destination. These connections are encrypted, so your ISP or employer can’t see which sites you’re visiting either. Tor can slow down browsing and some sites might not work at all.
↓ 04 – Epic Privacy Browser | Windows | macOS
Epic’s Encrypted Proxy is a free built-in VPN that protects your browsing history from your ISP & other data collectors and secures you on public WiFi. Epic Privacy Browser blocks ads, trackers, fingerprinting, cryptomining, ultrasound signaling and more. Stop 600+ tracking attempts in an average browsing session. Turn on network privacy with our free VPN (servers in 8 countries).
Behind a VPN, your real IP address can leak through certain types of WebRTC calls — only Epic blocks them. Even if your IP address is hidden, tens of thousands of websites use fingerprinting techniques such as accessing image canvas data to track you. Epic blocks fingerprinting scripts and functions like image canvas data access to protect you which no browser extension can do. There is no combination of settings changes and browser add ons which provides the same level of protection, let alone the ease and speed of use that Epic does.
- Blocks Cryptomining – Blocks scripts which can use your CPU and GPU to mine for cryptocurrency.
- Removes Social Media Tracking Buttons – Removes social media buttons which may track and aggregate your browsing history across many websites.
- Blocks Tracking Scripts – Refuses requests to load tracking and fingerprinting scripts.
- No Tracking – Eleven different ways from ID numbers to server-based services which can be used to know what you browsed
- One-Click Encrypted Proxy – Click the red open socket icon to turn on Epic’s built-in encrypted proxy. This hides your IP address (with a U.S -based IP) and encrypts all your data when you want to be very private.