Do you know anywhere that I can download a free registry cleaner that works? Which is the best Windows XP registry cleaner freeware? If your computer is running slow and it is unlikely due to Spyware because you’ve just performed a deep scan using AdAware, chances are, it could be your registry. When was the last time you defrag your computer? If not, do it now. If the problem still exists, it is time to clean up your windows registry.
Related Article 2019 ➤ 6 Free Registry Cleaner for Microsoft Windows
↓ 01 – CCleaner | Optimization and Cleaning
Have you heard of CCleaner (Free but with Adware)? It is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history, and the best part is, it is a fully featured registry cleaner. Some of CCleaner’s unique features.
- Cleans temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat
- Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more
- deep registry cleaner
If you are worried that something might go wrong after performing the registry cleaning task, remember to backup your registry to a thumb drive, if the system fails to boot up after restarting Windows, restore your windows’ registry with the backup copy. Make sure you create a restore point with the build in Windows System Restore tool.
↓ 02 – BleachBit | Clean your system and free disk space
BleachBit (Free for Linux and Windows) is a free open source program that cleans almost every trace of evidence from your computer. With the combination of shreder, most files are rendered unrecoverable by the FBI.
BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn’t know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean a thousand applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
Going beyond standard deletion of files, BleachBit has several advanced cleaners:
- Clear the memory and swap on Linux
- Delete broken shortcuts on Linux
- Delete the Firefox URL history without deleting the whole file—with optional shredding
- Delete Linux localizations: delete languages you don’t use. More powerful than localepurge and available on more Linux distributions.
- Clean APT for Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Linux Mint
- Find widely-scattered junk such as Thumbs.db and .DS_Store files.
- Execute yum clean for CentOS, Fedora, and Red Hat to remove cached package data
- Delete Windows registry keys—often where MRU (most recently used) lists are stored
- Delete the OpenOffice.org recent documents list without deleting the whole Common.xcu file
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously files
- Vacuum Firefox, Google Chrome, Liferea, Thunderbird, and Yum databases: shrink files without removing data to save space and improve speed
- Surgically remove private information from .ini and JSON configuration files and SQLite3 databases without deleting the whole file
- Overwrite data in SQLite3 before deleting it to prevent recovery (optional)
↓ 03 – jv16 PowerTools | Windows Registry Cleaner and Tuneup
Arguably one of the most powerful optimization tools available in the market, jv16 PowerTools is not yet free. According to them, it is on the process of being an open sourced software. You can always download the light version – PowerTools Lite 2013.
jv16 PowerTools is an epic Windows utility suite and registry cleaner. You need oil to keep a car engine running. You need jv16 PowerTools to keep Windows running. Key Features
- Cleans junk and fixes Windows errors
- Uninstalls software and removes left-overs
- Tweaks Windows for better performance
- Makes Windows start faster
- Improves your online safety and privacy
- Clears history and MRU data
- Recovers accidentally deleted files
↓ 04 – Registry Life | Free Registry Cleaning And Optimization Utility
The system registry is one of the most important components of the operating system. The stability of the system’s operation depends upon it being in working order, and the speed of the applications you work with depends upon the volume of data contained in it.
Registry Life helps correct errors in the registry and optimizes it. It’s a compact, simple to use, and FREE solution for servicing your system registry.
↓ 05 – Auslogics Registry Cleaner | Windows Registry Cleaner and Tuneup
The best tool to safely and effectively clear invalid entries from your Windows registry and get your PC running smooth again. Registry Cleaner will clean, repair and optimize your Windows registry to eliminate errors and crashes, and to restore smooth and stable operation, so your PC will stop giving you headaches and be usable once again.