Here are the complete lists of free antivirus for Windows. Unlike the paid version, these free antivirus usually comes with the basic stuff only, such as the ability to auto scan and quarantine only. It may not have the bell and whistle of a paid version such as firewall, anti spyware, anti rootkit, anti spam and much more. Without further ado, here are the complete list of 25 antivirus for the following operating system.
13 Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- avast! Free Antivirus 2015
- AVG Free edition
- Moon Secure Antivirus
- Avira Free Antivir 2015
- BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition
- IObit Malware Fighter 3 Free
- ClamWin Free Antivirus
- Comodo Free Anti-Virus 8
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware Free
- Immunet Protect Free Antivirus
- Panda Cloud Antivirus Free
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Cysec Antivirus
7 Free Antivirus for Linux, Ubuntu and RedHat
- Clam AV 0.98.6.
- Comodo Antivirus for Linux
- AVG AntiVirus Free 2015 – for Linux
- F-PROT Antivirus for Linux Workstations 6
- eScan for Linux Desktop
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux File Server 32 bit and 64 bit
- Panda Antivirus for Linux 7
5 Free Antivirus for Apple Max OS X
- avast! antivirus free
- Avira Free Antivirus for Mac
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac
- AVG Free Antivirus for Mac
- ClamXav – Free Anti-Virus Solution for Mac OS X
STUXNET: The Virus that Almost Started WW3
In June last year, a computer virus called Stuxnet was discovered lurking in the data banks of power plants, traffic control systems and factories around the world. Pandora’s box has been opened; on the new battlefield the aggressors are anonymous, the shots are fired without starting wars and the foot soldiers can pull their triggers without leaving their desks.
Last week the United States government announced they would retaliate to a cyber-attack with conventional force. The threat is real, and the age in which a computer bug could cost lives has begun.