Is Bitcoin mining profitable? Should I invest in BitCoin? The answer is subjective, it depends where you live and what type of hardware you own. BitCoin mining is profitable if you live in a country where electricity is cheap, such as China, or you have Solar Panels that generates free electricity. Even if you have access to cheap or free electricity, you will need a dedicated BitCoin mining hardware. A home computer powered by 3 SLi Nvidia GPU such as 1080 may do the trick.
There are many BitCoin software, the trouble is, most of them are outdated. The main job of the software is to deliver the mining hardware’s work to the rest of the Bitcoin network and to receive the completed work from other miners on the network. Hack: How To Make BitCoin Mining Profitable Again? Install Solar Panel and mine for BitCoins during the day, however solar panels simply do not offer enough energy to power a modern mining facility.
↓ 01 – Bitcoin Miner | Windows
Let your computer earn you money with Bitcoin Miner, the free easy-to-use Bitcoin miner! Earn Bitcoin which can be exchanged for real-world currency! Works great at home, work, or on the go. Download Bitcoin Miner and start mining Bitcoin today! Bitcoin miners perform complex calculations known as hashes. Each hash has a chance of yielding bitcoins. The more hashes performed, the more chances of earning bitcoins. Most people join a mining pool to increase their chances of earning bitcoins. Mining pools pay for high value hashes known as shares.
↓ 02 – WinMiner | Windows
Make your PC work for YOU 100% of the time (instead of 90%* idling). It is dead simple, all you have to do is install, then turn On/Off your PC. The miner will automatically mine for BitCoins or any other cryptocurrencies according to the settings. This software is ideal for those working as the IT admin of a university, most of the time, those computers in the lab are idle. Time to make money.
↓ 03 – EasyMiner | Windows | Linux
A simple easy to use UI for minerd.exe or cgminer.exe Bitcoin,Litecoin client. Highly optimized for x86, x86-64 and ARM architectures
It supports the getwork mining protocol as well as the Stratum mining protocol, and can be used for both solo and pooled mining.
- Automatically uses SSE2, AVX and AVX2 instructions where available
- Supports the Stratum mining protocol
- Lightweight, only depends on libcurl and jansson
- Tested on a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows
- Features : cpuminer , cpuminer 64 , bitcoin , bitcoin miner , cpu miner , cudaminer , cgminer , gpuminer ( gpu miner ) , stratum mining proxy.
- EasyMiner makes cryptocoin mining simple by ensuring maximum transparency with his featured log viewer.
↓ 04 – MinePeon | Windows | Raspberry Pi | Linux
MinePeon is an arm mining platform for the earlier generation of bitcoin miners (ASIC & FPGA) that interfaced with a computer via USB. It ran on the Raspberry PI 1 & 2 and there was even a version or two for the Beagle Bone Black making it a very cheap and efficient alternative to running a full PC. Mining has moved on from those days to dedicated miners in dedicated farms just as it moved on from CPU & GPU mining.
It was a great project while it lasted and perhaps one day I may get back to it (who really knows what direction mining will go next) but for now, it is shelved. A new version would take many hours to put together so unless someone wants to through large amounts of bitcoin and me to take a few weeks off my normal scheduled it is unlikely to happen.
↓ 05 – Ufasoft xCoin Miner | Windows
Ufasoft Coin is a Multi-currency bitcoin client and Miner. Supported currencies:
- Bitcoin – BTC
- Namecoin – NMC
- Litecoin – LTC
- Peercoin – PPC
- Novacoin – NVC
- DevCoin – DVC
- TerraCoin – TRC
- FeatherCoin – FTC
- PrimeCoin – XPM
- ProtoShares – PTS
- DogeCoin – DOGE
- EarthCoin – EAC
- MetisCoin – MTC
- iXcoin – IXC
↓ 06 – MinerGate | Windows | macOS | Ubuntu | Fedora
MinerGate is a mining pool created by a group of cryptocoin enthusiasts. It is the first pool which provides service for merged mining. This means that while mining on our pool you can mine different coins simultaniously without decrease of hashrate for major coin. Supported currencies
- Zcash [ZEC] – Zcash is a decentralized privacy-centered currency, allowing users to partly conceal the details of their transactions, such as sending and receiving parties and the amount. It is possible due to innovative technology the developers have come up with, zero-knowledge proving. Zcash is a fork of Bitcoin protocol, thus they share some similarities, such as the total amount of coins to be minted and block reward halvings. Advanced privacy is the main major improvement.
- Ethereum [ETH] – Ethereum is currently the most ambitious blockchain project. It runs its own cryptocurrency, called Ether, but goes beyond being just digital currency. Ethereum is a decentralized platform that allows building smart contracts: decentralized applications (dapps) that run as they coded without any possibility of censorship, downtime, fraud or third parties interference. The applications can move value through Blockchain and represent the ownership of property. The big idea behind Ethereum has attracted millions of users (crypto-enthusiasts, miners, investors) and boosted the market value of Ether coins, making it the most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin [BTC] – Bitcoin is decentralized digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority: managing transactions and issuing money are carried out collectively by the network. The original Bitcoin software by Satoshi Nakamoto was released under the MIT license. Most client software, derived or “from scratch”, also use open source licensing.
- Litecoin [LTC] – Litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant payments to anyone in the world. It is based on the Bitcoin protocol but differs from Bitcoin in that it can be efficiently mined with consumer-grade hardware. Litecoin provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers with GPUs most people already have. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units. One of the aims of Litecoin was to provide a mining algorithm that could run at the same time, on the same hardware used to mine Bitcoins. With the rise of specialized ASICs for Bitcoin, Litecoin continues to satisfy these goals. It is unlikely for ASIC mining to be developed for Litecoin until the currency becomes more widely used.
- Bytecoin [BCN] – Bytecoin is a first CryptoNote-based cryptocurrency. A CPU-mined coin, it”s primary advantages are extraordinary transaction untraceability and unlinkability features. BCN is stated to be much more anonymous than Bitcoin and all its existing forks. The developers claim a person’s right to privacy is their primary concern and strictly observe their own privacy. Bytecoin was started on July 4th, 2012. BCN is based on CryptoNote, an open-source technology for anonymous cryptocurrencies. It utilizes ring signature and one-time addresses for completely anonymous payments. CryptoNote is designed in a way, which makes block chain analysis impossible. CryptoNote is focused on CPU-mining in order to make the special purposes devices useless.
- Monero [XMR] – Monero is a new coin using the CryptoNote protocol. It’s based on Bytecoin, which was coded from scratch and is not a descendent of Bitcoin.
- DigitalNote [XDN] – DigitalNote is an experimental open-source cryptocurrency based on CryptoNote technology and CryptoNight algorithm. It is a fork of Bytecoin – the very first implementation of CryptoNote. Nobody own or control DigitalNote. It is a scalable decentralized cryptocurrency with strong privacy protection. DigitalNote uses ring signatures, to provide unlinkable and untraceable transactions.
- QuazarCoin [QCN] – QuazarCoin is a new cryptocurrency based on the CryptoNote and uses the CryptoNight algorithm. QCN protects your data and privacy with help of completely anonymous transactions with ring signatures.
- Fantomcoin [FCN] – Fantomcoin supports merged mining. It can be possible with Bytecoin, Monero, QuazarCoin or any CN based coin. New blockchain needs no additional hashpower – it uses Bytecoin, Monero, QuazarCoin blocks or shares as PoW. Miners are free to choose “donor” chain they like. In case other chains based on CryptoNote will appear they also can be used as “donor” chains.
- MonetaVerde [MCN] – Moneta Verde is the first CryptoNote-based cryptocurrency with blockreward increasing together with difficulty. It supports merged mining with Monero, QuazarCoin, Bytecoin or any other CryptoNight-based coin.
- AEON coin [AEON] – AEON coin is the anonymous cryptocurrency which is based on the CryptoNote protocol and uses the CryptoNight algorithm.
- Dashcoin [DSH] – Dashcoin is a Next generation anonymous cryptocurrency and the first automatically mutating cryptocurrency created with CryptoNote technology.
- Infinium-8 [INF8] – Infinium-8 (INF8) is a new privacy-centric coin using the CryptoNote protocol. The open source reference implementation of CryptoNote was coded from scratch based on the CryptoNote reference implementation, and is not a fork of Bitcoin. Infinium-8 aims to be a fungible and untraceable digital medium of exchange. It intrinsically has a higher degree of anonymity than Bitcoin or any of its various forks. Infinium-8 s the cryptocoin with blockreward increasing together with difficulty.
↓ 07 – BitMinter | Windows | macOS | Linux
Bitminter is a Bitcoin mining pool that aims to make it easy for anyone to make bitcoins. Bitminter has it’s own custom miner with a clear graphical interface and can work with GPUs and external ASIC devices equally well. Bitminter is one of the oldest pools. Since we opened in 2011 over 450 000 people have registered accounts with us.