Why pay for Omnipage Ultimate when an OCR text scan software comes bundled with Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365? A friend of mine discovered that his Microsoft Office installation does not come with an OCR Document and Imaging. This is not true, the problem is due to the default installation with Microsoft Office, the OCR Document and Imaging feature is installed on the default installation. Here is a simple tutorial on how to add this feature on your existing office.
- Step 1 – Go to the ‘Add or Uninstall Program’ in Microsoft Windows, select ‘Microsoft Office’ from the list.
- Step 2 – Click on the ‘Change’ button
- Step 3 – Check the ‘Add or Remove Features’ button
- Step 4 – Click on ‘Continue’
- Step 5 – In the following dialog box, select ‘Office Tool’ > ‘Microsoft Office Document Imaging’ > ‘ Scanning, OCR and Indexing Service Filter’ and under the drop down list choose ‘run from computer’.
- Step 6 – Proceed with the installation by clicking the ‘Continue’ button
- Wait for the installation and when the installation is successful, you will see the following message.