How to figure out wifi password? You’re at your parent’s place and they forgot the WiFi password. How do you crack your own security enabled wireless network? The good news is, we’ve all been there and Microsoft knows this as well. You don’t have to be a hacker, forget about cracks or hacking tools, you don’t have to access the router to reveal hidden asterisk *** characters.
Related Article 2019 ➤ 1000+ Router Login Password For D-Link, NetGear, Belkin, TP-Link, Asus And Linksys
↓ 01 – Microsoft Find Your Password
How to find your wireless network password? If you don’t know your wireless network password, use the info below to find it. The user interface can be different for different version of Windows, but the concept is the same. Find your Wireless WEP and WPA network password for Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Go to Settings > Network & Internet.
- Step 2 – Choose the network you want to connect to and select Connect.
- Step 3 – Select the search box in the taskbar, enter view network connections, and in the search results, select View network connections.
- Step 4 – In Network Connections, press and hold (or right-click) the network name and select Status > Wireless Properties.
- Step 5 – Select the Security tab and select Show characters. The password for the wireless network is displayed in the Network security key field.
If you need the default security key or password for your wireless router, contact your Internet service provider or router manufacturer. However, you may be able to find the security key or password on the bottom of your router or in the router’s documentation. Look for the following terms Security Key, Wireless Key, WPA Key, WPA2 Key and WEP Key.
↓ 02 – WirelessKeyView
Where is my wifi password? WirelessKeyView recovers all wireless network security keys/passwords (WEP/WPA) stored in your computer by the ‘Wireless Zero Configuration’ service of Windows XP or by the ‘WLAN AutoConfig’ service of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2008. It allows you to easily save all keys to text/html/xml file, or copy a single key to the clipboard. You can also export your wireless keys into a file and import these keys into another computer. NOTE: Antivirus might block this software due to false positive, this software doesn’t comes with virus, it is clean. Works great on Microsoft Windows 10.
↓ 03 – Unhide Asterisk *** Password
How to reveal asterisk password without software? This can be done manually with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser without the need to download any asterisk password reveler software. As shown in the tutorial below, this trick is applicable on all password boxes.
- Step 1 – Highlight the ‘asterisk’ password.
- Step 2 – Right click on the asterisk, from the menu, choose ‘Inspect Elements’
- Step 3 – Look for the ‘password’ input code, double click on the ‘password’ text
- Step 4 – Replace it with ‘text’ as shown in the screen shot below. The password masked by the asterisks are automatically revealed.