Love your family? Have underage kids? Protect them now! Barracuda Hardware is the best hardware for mass filtering not family friendly websites. For those with small to medium business, buying a barracuda hardware is overkill. This is where OpenDNS and their simple web filter works its magic. All you have to do is change the DNS on your router.
Important – You need a static IP address to experience the full benefits of OpenDNS. Contact your ISP and subscribe to a static IP address. If you are a parent and static IP address is not available for home users, you must use their client-side software to keep your dynamic IP updated for your network.
- Step 1 – Click on the ‘Settings’ tab
- Step 2 – Click on the ‘Add this network’ button
- Step 3 – Fill in the necessary form
- Step 4 – Click ‘Done’ and download the necessary file if required
- Step 5 – Click on your own IP address
- Step 6 – Click on ‘Custom’ and check the type of sites to block
- Step 7 – Change the DNS in your router to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
There you go, this is how to block not family friendly websites on the internet. Protect your kids and family today.