The HTC Desire HD is my second smartphone after Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, unlike the nokia, the HTC is powered by a much more robust OS known as Android. It has lots of apps as oppose to Nokia’s Symbian, which has tons of redundant and boring apps. 10 years of being a Nokia, the only thing I missed the most is the T9 keypad.
To make a long story short, here is the summary after toying with my new toy for 2 days:
- Very lousy battery life, need to recharge every day. You’ll either need a 1800 mah battery or use apps such as juicedefender
- Amazing large screen, very sharp
- The 8MP camera is not as good as Nokia’s N8 camera. Not ideal for moving objects.
- Lots of games and apps, albeit way behind iPhone’s iOS offering
- Duplicate functions offered by HTC and Android, can be confusing
- Somewhat heavy – solid
- The volume button is too sensitive, so is the touchscreen
- Comes with multi-touch function – like iPhone
- Stable Android 2.3 OS
- Beautifully animated user interface
Yes, it comes with ‘angry bird’ apps. The only drawback is the lousy battery life. All in all, it is an amazing phone.