There are over 400 VPN service providers in the industry, and approximately 30 of them are free. Is free VPN reliable and good? Nothing is free, free VPN is a big lie to me and can be very dangerous. Subscribing to an unknown VPN service is like giving your house key to a robber. Sometimes it is not the company at fault, it could be that they have a bad IT employee taking the opportunity to make a quick buck.
- The network admin from the VPN can catch everything you send and gather sensitive stuff like your credit card.
- They can harvest information about you & blackmail you.
- They can send you viruses
- They can try to hack your computer.
- They can inject hidden codes inside the html they send to you.
- They may modify pages to replace affiliate codes by their own codes.
This is why you should subscribe to a good VPN, based on my research and experience, there are only VPN by big company, they are Avast and Opera. If limited bandwidth, unblock facebook, unblock youtube, speed and no logging are not your main priority, then these two with their reliability secure connection is the must have VPN service.
↓ 01 – Avast Secure Line VPN [ Download Google Android & Apple iOS ]
[ 7 Days Full Trial | $2.59/month or $19.99/year ]
Avast SecureLine is a VPN service that protects you from data theft by using a virtual encryption shield ‘tunnel’ – with IPsec technology – to secure your public/open Wi-Fi connections. Once secured, your communications are impossible for any intruder to spy on. Features:
- Encrypt your connection on unsecured public Wi-Fi – Our private encryption VPN ‘tunnel’ prevents hackers from stealing your data via public/open Wi-Fi ‘hotspot’ networks. Secure your Wi-Fi and privacy with highly secured VPN service.
- Choose your location – If you travel and need Web access from different locations, you may find some websites blocked, but you can unblock websites. Use our servers located in multiple countries (e.g. UK, USA) to access more Web content from your phone, as your shown geo-IP address will be different from the real one.
↓ 02 – SurfEasy VPN [ Download Google Android & Apple iOS ]
[ 7 Days Full Trial | $3.99/Month Billed Annually ]
Owned by Opera Software, the browser maker. SurfEasy is trust-able and has a good reputation as a browser that does the correct thing. Whether you’re on your home internet, a public WiFi hotspot, or your college’s network, your location and activities can be tracked when you’re online. Hackers can access your financial details, your personal information and almost all your accounts online–and location tracking means that your web might be restricted because of where you are.
SurfEasy VPN helps you protect your personal privacy and keeps you secure on the internet. With SurfEasy, you can surf the web safely, privately and anonymously–without limits or restrictions, from anywhere in the world.
Why Free Is Not The Best
Ultra-popular Hola VPN extension sold your bandwidth for use in a botnet attack, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is no guarantee they do not harvest important information such as:
- Your login name and password
- Your address
- Your credit card
At the end of the day, Hola was just trying to make money while providing a free service—but the way they used their customers and hid their behavior was certainly problematic.