For those using Microsoft Windows 10, the build in Outlook Mail is pretty decent. Compared to Apple’s iOS Mail, Outlook Mail for Windows 10 lacks a simple feature where all emails are displayed all together. It makes perfect sense since I do not receive many emails and owns 5 email accounts, thus a central email folder makes perfect sense.
↓ 01 – Thunderbird
Software made to make email easier. Thunderbird is a free email application that’s easy to set up and customize – and it’s loaded with great features! It supports POP (storing mail locally on your hard drive so that it can be accessed without an internet connection), and IMAP. It features excellent mail filter capabilities and management. Thunderbird makes email better for you, bringing together speed, privacy and the latest technologies.
- Phishing Protection – Thunderbird protects you from email scams which try to trick users into handing over personal and confidential information by indicating when a message is a potential phishing attempt. As a second line of defense, Thunderbird warns you when you click on a link which appears to be taking you to a different Web site than the one indicated by the URL in the message.
- Cutting Out the Junk – Thunderbird’s popular junk mail tools have been updated to stay ahead of spam. Each email you receive passes through Thunderbird’s leading-edge junk mail filters. Each time you mark messages as spam, Thunderbird “learns” and improves its filtering so you can spend more time reading the mail that matters. Thunderbird can also use your mail provider’s spam filters to keep junk mail out of your inbox.
- Robust Privacy and Do Not Track – Thunderbird offers support for user privacy and remote image protection. To ensure a user’s privacy, Thunderbird automatically blocks remote images in email messages.
↓ 02 – SeaMonkey
The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
- If that’s still not enough, SeaMonkey can be extended with numerous Add-Ons that provide additional functionality and customization for a complete Internet experience.
↓ 03 – Yahoo Mail
Works with Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook and more. Yahoo Mail Client is beautiful, easy-to-use, and lightning fast. The Yahoo Mail app makes it easy to send high-res photos, switch between inboxes, and sign in securely while ditching your password. Yahoo! Mail offers grouped conversations, themes, powerful search options, Small Dropbox iconDropbox integration for attachments, Small Yahoo! Messenger iconYahoo! Messenger, SMS, disposable addresses and apps for the major platforms.
- SSL – Anytime you use Yahoo Mail – whether it’s on the web, mobile web, mobile apps, or via IMAP, POP or SMTP – it is 100% encrypted by default and protected with 2,048 bit certificates. This encryption extends to your emails, attachments, contacts, as well as Calendar and Messenger in Mail.
- Spam Filters – Yahoo Mail blocks over 15 billion spam messages daily. We use machine learning and constantly tune and improve our filtering technologies that block spam and other malicious emails you do not want to see. You can help train the filters by clicking on the Spam button every time you encounter unwanted emails in your inbox.
↓ 04 – Mailpile
Mailpile is an effort to reclaim private communication on the Internet. A project to rescue our personal lives from the proprietary cloud and prevent our conversations from being strip-mined for corporate profit and government surveillance. Mailpile is taking e-mail back. Born out of a belief that everyone deserves privacy and respect, Mailpile aims to provide an answer to the question: “How can I protect my privacy online?”
- Encryption – OpenPGP signatures and encryption are part of Mailpile’s core design, not an afterthought. Mailpile makes it easy to sign and encrypt your mail.
- Privacy – Store your mail on devices you control. Your search index is encrypted so if your computer gets stolen, your mail stays secure.
↓ 05 – Opera Mail Email client
Opera Mail is a lightweight, customizable mail client. Reading, labeling, and filtering messages has never been so easy. The way you read mail just got better. Elegant tabs allow you to view multiple emails messages at once and navigate between them with ease.