Which CDN is the best for your WordPress site? It really depends on your server configuration and how tech savvy you are. If you are not knowledgeable enough in tweaking your servers, Cloudflare is your number 1 go to. It is a one stop solution that takes care of everything, from CDN to DNS. It greatly speeds up your website, I dare say sometimes even faster than using a CDN. Cloudflare is a combination of many things, the only drawback is the lack of control. Some people do complain about the drop in traffic as you tend to share the same IP address with many other users, to be honest, I am not certain if Google looks into IP addresses as a ranking factor.
Anyway, comparing the best CDN providers is a time consuming task and can be challenging. For your information, they are using Amazon Cloudfront for their CDN needs, I like the pricing and stability it offers. Whether you’re looking for a CDN for software distribution, game & app delivery, video streaming, ad serving, etc these two CDN comparison websites will greatly help you to make the best decision. CDN benefits include:
- Faster content delivery – a better user experience for your customers.
- Less load on the origin – more resources for other tasks.
- Increased reliability – handle traffic spikes and reduce system overload.
- Reduced cost – bandwidth is expensive where CDNs offer better prices.
- Scalability – Scale up or down within a short period of time.
Which is the best CDN? Cloudflare CDN vs Fastly Deliver, Akamai CDN vs Cloudflare CDN, Cloudflare CDN vs Google Cloud CDN, Cloudflare CDN vs CloudFront CDN, Akamai CDN vs CloudFront CDN? Most CDN review websites come with text, however these 2 websites come with real world data, and data doesn’t lie. You can easily check which CDN has the lowest latency and best performance.
Compare CDN Latency & Speed
Find the fastest and most reliable CDN for free based on billions of tests with CDNPerf. All results are based on RUM (Real User Metrics) data from users all over the world, they gather and analyze more than 300 million tests every day. For accuracy, a 2500 millisecond timeout is set. If a query takes longer, it’s marked as timeout.
“RUM Uptime” shows the uptime of CDN providers as measured by real users. Due to bad Internet connections this number can contain false positives. But in general it shows a good representation of the quality of a CDN provider. Note that “RUM Uptime” does not represent the real uptime of a provider. Top 18 CDNs are bunny.net, CacheFly, Edgio, AWS CloudFront CDN, Google Cloud CDN, CDNetworks, Fastly CDN, Edgecast CDN, CDN77, jsDelivr CDN, G-Core Labs CDN, Akamai CDN, CDN.NET, BlazingCDN, Cloudflare CDN, OVH CDN, Microsoft Azure, and Medianova.
Compare Features & Pricing
Instead of comparing CDN delivery speed, another factor to look into is features and pricing. It is pointless to have the fastest CDN but lacks the features required by your site or app. This detailed comparison will help you to find the best CDN for your needs. The following CDN comparison matrix is a good starting point to choose the right provider.
25 Startup & Business to Enterprise Class CDN Providers
A server optimally situated to deliver the best performance and fastest load times is determined algorithmically, with the goal of noticeably improving the end-user’s experience (e.g. reduced page load time). This technology is becoming more essential as websites offer more streaming video, e-commerce and other applications where performance really matters.
- Cloudflare (FREE with Basic Features ) – More than a CDN provider, it also provides DNS, DDoS and bot mitigation security for business domains, as well as a content delivery network (CDN) and web application firewall (WAF). It is an all-in-one security and performance solution, and it comes with a free tier too. Highly recommended for beginners and light users.
- Amazon CloudFront – CloudFront is the content delivery network (CDN) from Amazon Web Services. Pricing wise it is affordable and reasonably stable, what makes it so loved is the entire AWS ecosystem that works seamlessly. Reduce latency by delivering data through 450+ globally dispersed Points of Presence (PoPs) with automated network mapping and intelligent routing.
- Akamai CDN – Responsible for serving 15% to 25% of all web traffic. Used by most of the big boys in the industry like Facebook and etc.
- IBM Cloud Internet Services – IBM Cloud Internet Services is a set of edge network services for securing internet-facing applications from DDoS attacks, data theft, and bot attacks, as well as optimizing their web apps or ensuring global responsiveness and the ongoing availability of their internet-facing applications.
- Google Cloud CDN – It is touted as a low cost option with tight integration with Google Cloud apps and services. With Google’s huge network all over the world, reliability is very good and cost is minimal.
- Microsoft Azure CDN – Azure CDN is best for delivering static content like Videos, Images and PDFs whereas Azure Front Door is for delivering sites, services and APIs. Azure CDN is cost-effective whereas Azure Front Door charges per ruleset.
- StackPath Edge Delivery – The StackPath (formerly Highwinds and MaxCDN) Content Delivery Network provides a scalable DNS with load balancing, traffic management, DDoS protection and Web Application Firewall (WAF) to support and protect enterprise websites and applications.
- Cloudimage – Image CDN for delivering compressed, pixel-perfect and responsive images.Leverage modern image compression formats such as WebP or AVIF to shrink your images without visual quality loss.
- Fastly Edge Cloud Platform – Make sure your websites, applications and services are able to scale to meet the demand of your users, are delivered securely and as fast as possible with Fastly. It offers CDN Video Streaming, Load balancing, Image Optimization, TLS encryption, Next-Gen WAF, Bot protection, and DDoS mitigation.
- CacheFly CDN – 60+ global PoPs using innovative TCP Anycast routing. Deliver your content on the network with the best throughput and global reach, making your application infinitely scalable.
- Gcore (FREE 1TB per month ) – G-Core Labs provides a range of international services for customers of different industries that develop their business online. The company’s services include managed hosting, content delivery network (CDN), advanced streaming platform for professional broadcasts.
- ImageKit.io – ImageKit’s real-time image and video optimizations, transformations, and digital asset management help developers and marketers deliver better visual experiences on the web.
- Imperva CDN – The Imperva Content Delivery Network (CDN) offers the best in speed, performance, and resilience by building content caching, load balancing, and failover into a comprehensive Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) platform to securely deliver your applications across the globe.
- OnApp CDN – Private CDN and service provider CDN solutions.
- Edgio Delivery – Edgio (formerly Limelight Networks, rebranded to Edgio after the acquisition of Edgecast) offers their global edge network to bring data closer to every user, delivering content faster, safer and easier. Edgio Delivery boasts more than 7,000 global interconnections to last-mile networks.
- CDN77 – CDN77 is a Content Delivery Network with 35+ PoPs worldwide. According to the vendor, CDN77 aims to be an innovation leader and was the first CDN to implement HTTP/2, Brotli compression algorithm or QUIC.The vendor offers 14Tbps+ network capacity which can handle website acceleration.
- Alibaba Cloud CDN – It delivers content to users from the nodes that are nearest them, accelerating the response to user requests and increasing the response rate. CDN also resolves the delivery latency problem that is usually caused by distribution, bandwidth, and server performance.
- Cloudinary (FREE 25GB per month ) – Full end-to-end image management solution for your website and mobile smartphone apps. Ideal for new iOS app developer or Android App developer.
- Lumen – Deliver video, applications, software and more with the world’s most-connected content delivery network—featuring 170 Tbps of global edge capacity in 95 cities worldwide.
- Bunny.net – From $1/month you get Perma-Caching, DDoS Protection, No Hidden Fees, Real-Time Monitoring, and Free SSL Certificate. Currently at the time of writing it is the fastest CDN in the market.
- KeyCDN – Each edge server is meticulously crafted with an advanced TCP stack, 100% SSD coverage, and much more. Every account, large or small, has access to all of their features, like HTTP/2, Brotli, TLS 1.3, and many more. Very user friendly.
- BelugaCDN – Comes with WordPress hosting option, will integrate nicely with their CDN too.
- Hostry CDN (FREE 10GB per month ) – It is an excellent option for those who need an advanced CDN network with global coverage and minimal latency without overpaying. Free CDN packages with up to 52 locations for startups and beginning webmasters.
- BlazingCDN – BlazingCDN provides the best CDN services at the most cost-effective pricing for high bandwidth projects with a single global rate. Accelerate your website, video, streaming, game or software!
- OVHcloud – Optimise your website traffic with the Shared CDN option for an optimal user experience.