When a photo is blur or pixelated, the best way to sharpen it is to have a series of photos for the computer to analyze. This is how NASA sharpen their images by capturing as many shot and then enhance it. The more information, the sharper it is. If possible, avoid photo enhancing software as your must have tool, if you need to recover details and sharpen your blurred photos with FBI and CIA equivalent image enhancement software too often, perhaps it is time to invest in better equipment for your professional needs.
Related Article 2019 ➤ 6 Jpeg Photo Repair And Recovery Software
In this video we will cover a number of ways to sharpen your photos in Adobe Photoshop, including beginner and advanced tools, as well as discuss what sharpening is and how it works. We will discuss the techniques in the context of an architecture image and a portrait but they apply equally to all types of photography. The specific sharpening tools that we will cover include:
- Smart Sharpening
- Camera Shake Removal in Photoshop CC
- Multiple high pass filter sharpening methods
- Frequency separation based sharpening
↓ 01 – Robust Motion Deblurring System | Free / USD10 | Windows
Software and methods offering incredibly fast and robust blur removal solutions to fix blurry photos. They proposed an efficient and high-quality kernel estimation method based on using the spatial prior and the iterative support detection (ISD) kernel refinement to restore pictures from significant motion blur. Their method can estimate very large blur kernels (i.e., PSFs) and remove significant blur quickly without much hand-tuning.
- It incorporated the latest powerful blind deconvolution technologies to remove camera shake.
- It is capable of handling large blur kernels.
- The blur kernel sizes for most natural images can be determined automatically .
- It can recover subtle structures and fine details.
- The CPU code is well optimized; GPU feature is also enabled.
↓ 02 – Focus Magic | USD65 | Windows | macOS
Focus Magic uses advanced forensic strength deconvolution technology to literally “undo” blur. It can repair both out-of-focus blur and motion blur (camera shake) in an image. It is the only software that can significantly recover lost detail from blurry images. Works great on Microsoft’s Windows 10 and Apple’s macOS.
Having said that, do note the limitation in the software. A pixelated image remains pixelated, software may only enhance it to a certain extent, and it does not have the ability to create or interpret nothing into something. Whatever you saw in Hollywood movies remains in Hollywood.
Focus Magic, which is used by many forensic scientists, is the only photo sharpening software that can recover detail, as shown in the examples above. You can use this powerful tool to sharpen your blurred photos right now. Unlike other sharpening software, Focus Magic increases the “actual sharpness” (with deconvolution) rather than the “perceived sharpness” (with un-sharpen mask or equivalent). This software may be useful for those into enhancing details in an image, such as bird watching or identifying a certain person from your home CCTV.
↓ 03 – SmartDeblur | USD50 / USD100 | Windows | macOS
Fix Blurry and Defocused photos with SmartDeblur. Not all photos are ideal. Images taken with a shaking camera, artificially blurred pictures, wrong autofocus – all of these cause objects on a photo become indistinct and fuzzy. But when you start thinking everything is lost, SmartDeblur saves the day restoring details of blurred and defocused images in one go.
Powered by Blind Deconvolution algorithm, the program works extremely efficiently and doesn’t require any specific skills.
- Restore Motion Blur – Even cams with optical stabilizer sometimes produce blurry images. Thanks to automatic shake pattern analysis you can restore lost details of the picture literally in one click.
- Make Defocused Images Readable Again – Out-of-focus images are harder to restore, but with SmartDeblur even serious defocus becomes revertible. Take a look at the example: from virtually unreadable picture we were able to restore most of the text.
- Easily Undo Gaussian Blur – Artificial blurs produced by Photoshop, Gimp and other editors are not a problem for you anymore too! SmartDeblur detects Gaussian pattern and restore images to better details.
- Fine-tuning for Even Better Results – Auto-detection of the blur path works well in most cases. But complex images with combined blurs and/or defocus may require a bit more efforts. With advanced kernel editor you can enhance images not recoverable with most of other tools!
↓ 04 – Let’s Enhance | 4 Free / Paid Plans | Online
Let’s Enhance is a free online service to upscale and improve your visual content using neural networks. Boost your photo resolution and remove JPEG blocks. AI-powered tool to improve low-res photos in one click.