The new Norton security suits are simply known as Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360. It appears that Symantec has decided to drop the 2013 name from the line ups. I suspect the successor to these new line ups would be known as Norton Antivirus 2, Internet Security 2 and 360 v2. Anyway, the key new features are:
- Always up-to-date Product Version – Norton automatically sends you important product and feature updates throughout the year. The latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
- 5 patented layers of protection – detect and eliminate threats more quickly and accurately than other technologies.
- Always Up-To-Date Product Version ensures the latest version installs without you needing to do anything.
- Norton Safe Web for Facebook – scans your Facebook News Feed for dangerous links and unsafe posts.
- Threat-removal Layer – Targets and eliminates hard-to-remove threats less sophisticated products often miss.
This new Norton antivirus is re-designed from ground up to work with Windows 8.
If you’re using Norton 2012, there is no reason to upgrade. However, if you’re using any one of the free antivirus by AVG, Avira, Avast or similar, it is a good idea to upgrade your antivirus to a full fledged dedicated antivirus.
Click on the image below to download the 30 days free trial edition. I’ll update this page once they made the 90 days trial version available. Remember, do not download any Norton product key, serial number or software from torrent, these ‘software’ tends to come with virus or trojan because infecting your system by attaching virus to an antivirus software is easier knowing that you do not have antivirus protection.
Activation and registration required for the free trial, don’t worry, all you need is an email, no credit card required.
Norton and Microsoft Windows 8 Metro
Norton Studio is a must-have companion for your Norton protection that works within the new user interface of Windows 8. And it’s absolutely FREE. This free app will seamlessly integrate any of your Norton products with Microsoft Windows 8 Metro user interface.
Symantec Guide to Scary Internet Stuff – No 5 Misleading Applications
The fifth video in the series explaining common internet security threats and how to avoid them, looks at misleading applications or rogue AV.
The NEW Norton Antivirus, Internet Security And 360
The all new Norton security software by Symantec, if you’re planning on upgrading to Windows 8, this is a must have antivirus because it integrates seamlessly with Windows 8 Metro UI.