Updated: March 2, 2023 Home » Quotes [ Lesson for Life ]
Napoleon Bonaparte was a French military and political leader who rose to prominence during the latter stages of the French Revolution and its associated wars in Europe. Napoleon Bonaparte once said: “China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move the world.” 200 years later, Napoleon was right.
🤣😍😂 10 Famous Quotes By Some of the World’s Worst Dictators.
- Autopsy report concluded that Napoleon died of stomach cancer, but some scientists believed he was poisoned with arsenic.
- Napoleon was one of the greatest military commanders in history. Oftentimes portrayed as a power hungry conqueror, this strong and ambitious man is indeed one of the greatest. Napoleon is considered to have been a military genius, and is known for commanding many successful campaigns but also known for some spectacular failures.
- Napoleon sold to the United States their French possession – the so-called Louisiana Purchase for less than three cents per acre or $7.40 per km².
- The great Napoleon Bonaparte could have won the Battle of Waterloo by attacking earlier in the day, but Napoleon Bonaparte delayed his attack because he suffered greatly from hemorrhoid pain that morning.
- Napoleon was also a writer, he wrote a romantic novella.
- Napoleon was Roman Catholic, but did not believe in the existence of a living God.
If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.
Courage is like love; it must have hope for nourishment.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.
The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.
The people to fear are not those who disagree with you, but those who disagree with you and are too cowardly to let you know.
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other.
You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.
Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.
One must change one’s tactics every ten years if one wishes to maintain one’s superiority.
There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed.
Ability is nothing without opportunity.
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
All religions have been made by men.
Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.
There are only two forces that unite men – fear and interest.
Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.
The surest way to remain poor is to be an honest man.
History is a set of lies agreed upon.
The best way to keep one’s word is not to give it.
It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.
If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god.
In politics… never retreat, never retract… never admit a mistake.
An army marches on its stomach.
Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets.
War is the business of barbarians.
You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy’s ranks.
He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.
Men take only their needs into consideration – never their abilities.
The human race is governed by its imagination.
He was aman of his words and he had love for his nation