There are times when certain avi videos are not playable (corrupted), possibly due to IO error when downloading. If the video is another movie that can be found in any video rental shop then it is a non issue, but if it’s a home video of your precious memories such as your wedding day, how do you go about watching the corrupted video? Is there any freeware that repair and fix corrupted video files in .avi format?
The need to repair these precious videos is important, here are some free tools which allow you to repair your corrupted video files:
- Steeper- Steeper enables you to repair, modify, join and cut out fragments from ASF and WMV files. With the cut out function, you can easily remove the specific frame that is corrupted.
- DivXRepair – Just like Steeper, you can repair corrupt avi files and eliminate freezes. This program automatically detects and eliminates bad frames automatically, thus enables the avi video file to be playable again.
- AsfBin – AsfBin is able to repair damaged video files by re-compressing the packet size, files that are unseekable can be re-compressed.
- Digital Video Repair – Digital Video Repair is a small and light tool for repairing AVI video files. Corrupted video files that are partly damaged or corrupted can be repaired with a single click of a button.
- DivFix++ – This software is designed from ground up to repair broken AVI file by rebuilding the index file, unlike other software, it tries it best to recover the corrupted frames rather than removing it.
- ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair – with AVI-ASF-RM-WMV Repair, you can repair/fix video files that can’t be played or dragged the slider control of the video player freely, it supports fix AVI, divx, xvid, rm, rmvb, asf, wmv, wma, ac3 files. it is easy and fast. The fixed file will be saved as a new file, so you won’t risk damaging your original file.