With cloud stroage and services such as Dropbox, together with cheap USB Flash Drive storage, who still burns a CD or DVD? Only a handful of people does that, just to pass big data to someone else with slow internet connection.
Nero is still my all time favorite burner, it is a feature rich burner software for those looking into burning disc for Xbox, Playstation, wedding slideshows and more. Anyway, with so many other choices, who needs Nero Burn, NTI or any other CD/DVD burner software when the internet is filled with so many other free alternatives? All the software featured in this article has the following basic functions:
- Burn mp3 music to dvd
- Burn mp4 to dvd
- Burn mov to dvd
- Burn photos to dvd
- Burn rmvb to dvd
- Burn data files to dvd
- Burn avi to dvd player
- Burn rm to dvd
ImgBurn – Simple DVD Blu-Ray Burn Software
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI. It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder). The latest version comes with support for HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder). The unique feature found in ImgBurn is the DiscCheck function, basically it check a disc for 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct, this is to avoid any unwanted trouble due to IO error. It has several ‘Modes’, each one for performing a different task:
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!
CD Burner XP – DVD Copy and Burn Software
Another CD DVD burning software, it has everything covered. It Burns any data on CD-R/CD-RW/DVD+R/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM/BD/HD-DVD, including double layer mediums. Just like ImgBurn, it is able to verify written Data automatically after burning process. CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components. Some of its ISO features:
- Burn ISO files to CD
- Create your own ISO files
- Convert bin- and nrg-files to ISO
- Save CDs/DVDs as ISO file to disc
What makes CD Burner XP unique is the ability to handle WMA format, if you are going to use the WMA format and don’t have Windows Media Player 11 or higher installed, you also need to download the WMFDist.exe Microsoft Windows Media Format Update, and run it before the installation.
BurnAware Free – Burn Any DVD
BurnAware Free is a free CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc burning software. It is ideal for users with basic disc burning needs as backup, creating data, audio, MP3 music, DVD-Video discs and burning disc images. Free, easy to set up, it enables you to save your files to disc quickly and provides clean, flexible interface to help you complete your burning tasks much faster.
BurnAware is a family of free and affordable easy-to-use disc burning software to create CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs of all types. Home users can easily burn bootable discs, multisession discs, high-quality audio CDs and video DVDs, and image collections. Business users can back up files from their hard drives, extract files and folders from damaged discs or sessions, and burn multiple discs simultaneously.
BurnAware Free has the entire basic burning feature covered:
- Create data, bootable and multisession CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs
- Create Audio CDs and MP3 CD/DVD/Blu-ray Discs
- Create DVD-Video
- Record boot disc images
- Create and record disc images
- Supports all current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA)
- Supports UDF/ISO9660/Joliet Bridged file systems (any combination)
- On-the-fly writing for all image types (no staging to hard drive first)
Home users will appreciate BurnAware’s intuitive interface and the full feature set. Business users will appreciate the ability to perform a wide range of disc-related management functions. Power users will benefit from BurnAware’s advanced options, including control of boot settings, UDF partition and versions, ISO levels and restrictions, session selection, CD text for tracks and discs, byte-by-byte verification, and direct copying.
SAB Burner – Simple Yet Powerful CD/DVD Burning
Totally Free Burner is a CD/DVD burner with a nice, minimalistic interface and an excellent range of features which will cover most people’s CD/DVD burning needs. If you’re looking for a simple and easy to use CD DVD burning software, SAB Burner has everything covered, it burns Audio CD using mp3, wma, ogg, wav files, VideoCD from Mpeg1 VCD files and many more. Download SAB Burner, the simple software to burn data files to dvd.
- Burn Audio CD using mp3, wma, ogg and wav files
- Burn Video CD from Mpeg1 VCD files
- Burn Data CD DVD ISO9960 and Joliet (Multisession)
- Burn Data CD DVD UDF
- Burn Video DVD from existing DVD files
- Burn CD DVD from BIN/ISO image directly
- Support all current hardware interfaces (IDE, SCSI, USB, 1394, SATA)
- Burn Multi-Session or Disc-at-Once mode to ALL supported media formats
- Support UDF, ISO9660, Joliet Bridged file systems (any combination)
- Support UNICODE for multi-byte languages
- On-the-fly burning for all image types (no staging to hard drive first)
- Create Bootable data discs or images
- Auto-verification of data images
- Automatic selection of burn modes for Disc-at-Once operations (no special device knowledge required)